Wow very interestedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. photon00

photon00 Well-Known Member

The Zeta looks massively like a fake. Looks alone makes me think this isn't really an HTC phone. Specs are way too futuristic. Very good attempt, but I call fake. HTC edge is more likely

Advertisement
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  2. KTW

KTW Guest

if I'm not mistaken HTC will be launching 3 quad core devices next year Q2 more than likely just like the Edge, they will all be using Tegra 3 and more than likely run on HTC sense 4.0

...nice to see someone is happy about the edge :)
    GalaxyNexus likes this.
  3. darkestred

darkestred Well-Known Member

Well. This is my new bandwagon phone. Here's hoping it arrives on Verizon and here's hoping that its to my likings. Loved the nexus but there were some nuances with the phone that turned me off. 4.7" screen? Yes, please. Will probably wind up being smaller than the nexus too, even with capacitive buttons.

Can't wait.
  4. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

This phone looks sweet at first glance, but it sure is big. What is up with all the big screen phones coming out? Am I the only person who keeps their phone in their pocket?
  5. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

I thought you were the one who insists that bigger specs are always better no matter what anybody says? :p
  6. irishjoeyo

Not sure how a single spec - megapixels - translates to all specs; that is quite the unsubstantiated inference.
  7. BlueBiker

Exactly!

But on-topic... check out this site for visual comparisons between many different phones. They don't seem to have the Edge yet, but they do have the Galaxy Note which is another huge phone. I could definitely handle that, would be great for most of the stuff I actually use my phone for.
    jjeff444 likes this.
  8. irishjoeyo

That's a great site; thanks!
  9. darkestred

Should be under 5.3 inches. Not big at all. Unless you wear low knit pocket jeans/khakis. I could see this being an issue. Personally, a big screen is a plus.
  10. youdoofus

youdoofus Disabled

Om come now... you know youll root it and put an aosp on it, just like everyone should lol :D
  11. JohnnyBravo1000

JohnnyBravo1000 Well-Known Member

I'm also tempted to hold on for this. I've been due an upgrade since October, so it won't hurt to wait a little bit longer in order to ensure I get the latest technology.
  12. ARR22

ARR22 Well-Known Member

I really hope sprint releases this phone. And it better have a micro sd card slot a removable battery. And LTE. And if motorola can get their hands on super amoled like the razr why not HTC? So i hope it has a super amoled hd screen. Oh and ICS. that's my dream phone.
  13. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

Currently using the Dinc but do for my upgrade in a few weeks. Thinking I will try and hold out for this is the specs continue to look as good. Hopefully it comes out sooner rather than later 'cause I'm anxious to upgrade... As others said, though, really hoping the battery life and handle all this power.
  14. KTW

KTW Guest

this phone will have a lot of competition: samsung galaxy S3 to start of with, i dont know how it will compare ? If the edge will be killed or do the killing ?
  15. darkestred

It will be a great phone. Either way its not going to win by a lot or lose by a lot. Preference, really.
  16. WifiMaxed

WifiMaxed Well-Known Member

17. 91Firebirder

91Firebirder Well-Known Member

Most of the specs I've seen indicate it is a LTE phone so here's hoping it coming to Verizon!
  18. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

The problem is that it's going to be even bigger than the Rezound at 4.7"...

Rezound is pushing the limit in size.

This would be a great phone for specialized purposes though. Like if you're young and just like to game.
  19. BlueBiker

Not for me. Rezound is easy to hold one-handed (even w/extended battery), and I'd prefer an even larger screen for browsing.
  20. darkestred

Why's that? You'll see that more and more people are starting to like bigger screens. is 5.3" overall really that big of a deal? No.
  21. Montana Man

Montana Man Well-Known Member

Puhleeezzee come to Verizon!! Been holding on to my Incredible for too long now! I passed up the Nexus, Razr and Rezound... I can't hold out much longer! I've decided to pounce on the next VZW phone that meets the following criteria:

1) Made by HTC
    2) 4" - 5" screen size
    3) Quad-core CPU
    4) ICS
    5) Sense 4.0.

Hope this is the one! :)
    EgoDogg likes this.
  22. Luvthedrew

Luvthedrew Well-Known Member

I'm with you Montana Man. I ALMOST bought the Rezound but figured I could wait and see what HTC pulls out at the MWC. I'm circling April 2012 for my new phone! Rezound is very nice but I think this next round of releases will really show us something special.
  23. BlueBiker

If you can wait, something based on the ARM A15 (discussed here and here) will offer some major kicka$$ performance. They're claiming an almost doubling of performance per core per MHz, and MHz will scale to 2 or 2.5GHz. Yowza! Unfortunately won't be out by April though.
  24. TheSuper

TheSuper Well-Known Member