Wow

Last Updated:

1. Surfer

Surfer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I love this phone so much! It all combines for the best experience using a phone, but I am actually pretty upset. I left my phone on FULLY charged on over night. Next thing in the morning it is dead. Any help? I don't think I got a bad battery because it has been lasting through the day

Advertisement
  2. colnago

colnago Well-Known Member

Do you have a poor/low signal in the area where you leave it overnight?

3. Surfer

I turn off WiFi when I am about to sleep but now I have about 3-4 bars

4. lordmaxx

lordmaxx Well-Known Member

Juice defender is a nice app, you could get it and enable it when you go to sleep.

5. Surfer

Ok, thanks! Do you recommend ultimate?

6. MrTony

MrTony Banned

I second that! I swear by it since I've been using it. It hasn't increased my life that much yet, but the graph of battery usage in the plotter is very helpful in understanding when the battery went down.

7. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

Yeah, Samsung is going to need to release some sort of update for power management or something.

8. Germanguy

Germanguy Member

Agreed. The battery is probably the biggest gripe I have about this phone. Unplugged it from the charger at 7 am today. By 2 pm, battery was dead.

9. korath

korath New Member

Unplugged it today at 9 AM and I've watched an entire episode of House, used a sustained bluetooth transfer to move over ringtones and notification sounds, worked on getting fancy widget to update, set up advanced task killer and I've been working on syncing my calendars and multiple email addresses.

I'm down to 44%.

10. MykeSorrel

MykeSorrel Member

Out of curiosity are you charging the phone while its on or off?

11. Intervenient

Intervenient Well-Known Member

I'm not sure yet, but I think I might be also able to support the 3 days later notion. I unplugged my phone this morning at 9:30. I plugged it in for maybe 20 minutes at one point to root my phone, but that's it. 4 and 30 minutes ago I did a test to drain the battery: I've watched a movie, played games on an emulator, browsed on the internet, used the camera. For the last 20 minutes of streaming pandora, playing a gameboy game simultaneously, while browsing and answering texts in between. My phone is still not dead yet.

12. rajendra82

rajendra82 Well-Known Member

JuiceDefender Free indicates that it will increase my battery lfe by 42%, and I concur. With it on, I started with a full charge this morning (which sustained itself at 100% when left in my car overnight after unplugging) From that point through the day I've used the phone a bit, and I am just getting down to 50% by bedtime. This is only my second full undrain cycle after initially draining all the way down from where it started in the store. I do think that the battery itself has gotten better, and JuiceDefender and my learning of using the back button to get to homescreen instead of pressing the home button has certainly helped as well.