Wow!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. mkzbdroid

mkzbdroid Banned This Topic's Starter

so dont mean to rant but after owning a fascinate for about 2 weeks I would just like to say hats off to samsung for this brick....with samsung being in the mobile arena for so long how do they really manage to have numerous SERIOUS issues in a phone....its not like CDMA OR GPS came out last month so why are these sooooo poor? im all for polishing off a car with spit and wax on the car your trying to sell but if the engine has a knock dont expect your buyer or buyers to be happy....im certainly not happy and ill be one of those people returning this device...

Advertisement
  2. nunyazz

nunyazz Well-Known Member

O well... some of us are not having ANY issues... C ya!

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

+1 ;)

itsTee, lonzom10 and nunyazz like this.
  4. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Later! Have had it since release and still loving it! GPS works perfectly!

5. LandLockedPH

LandLockedPH Well-Known Member

mkzbdroid - Please return your Fascinate quickly. I'm sure the X forums will appreciate your useless rantings in every thread more than the SF forums.

itsTee and tstout46 like this.
  6. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Mine has been absolutely perfect...and I love it!!! ;)

7. fegriffith

fegriffith Well-Known Member

If the OP had mentioned anything specific or factual that they didn't like I would be happy to listen...but I'm left scratching my head and thinking "WTF is the purpose of this thread".

For my first time ever I'm going to use the word "Troll".

8. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Yeah i agree^^ i have had no issues with mine but hey if he wants to return it let him then you can go bitch and moan about how many issues the X has. ha see ya

9. makemehavefun

makemehavefun Well-Known Member

^^ yeah to the above two... I've had serious issues with my first 2 Fascinates. I informed people here about what those issues specifically were and how I dealt with Verizon reps in-store and over the phone. Man, I'm telling you, I must've been really unlucky getting two lemons in a row, but I never, not once said this phone 'sucked', was broken, etc... I just realized I happened to get a couple of particularly bad lemons and swapped them out and getting the restocking fee waived each time (In-store, they'll charge you the $35 restocking fee but you can easily get it waived through a phone rep, very understanding people they are).

You think your GPS was bad? Try getting one with a skewed display or one that wouldn't let you answer your calls because the display would freeze/lock up... lol

However, from reading other's experiences with the phone I knew I just had to swap it out... it just took me a couple of tries and I'm f'ing glad I did. Only thing that would make this phone any better would be a 4.3" display and more onboard memory. This phone just had too many positives for me to give up on it.

10. chasemyaccord

chasemyaccord Well-Known Member

Wouldn't that just be a Droid X? :eek:

Anyway, I've been with this phone for two days so far and haven't had any major issues. The first time I tried using my GPS, it took several minutes to lock on, but since then, it's been acting better. Other than that, no complaints here.

11. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

If it's not working properly, get it replaced! You can try doing a system wipe, checking for software updates (one might be out now for the fascinate???), even try rooting. So far I've only had good experiences rooting my android phones. If none of the software solutions work, and you still have issues, get it replaced!!

Verizon replaced my Eris THREE TIMES!!! They will take care of you. I sold some friends of mine a laptop at the Best Buy where I work part time. They plugged it in to use it and it started on fire. They came back and swapped it out for a new one. Big deal!! It's electronics. There are defective units coming out of every assembly line of every mass produced product out there. Learn to deal with the year 2010 please. Just exchange it! These things happen. A good company like Verizon will let you swap the device for a new one.

12. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

I think the OP just wanted to come and rant if you read someone said that their last 5 posts have been nothing but saying how a phone sucks without stating what is supposedly so bad about it. Can someone say troll??

13. mkzbdroid

lmao not one of you have considered that fact that while samsung is not new to mobile phones they managed to screw up the antenna and gps in one swing at the bat.....yea im not knocking the phone in general more so at samsung for the lack of effort or even smarts to fix this issue...how many phones are in the galaxy family? how many years has samsung been in the mobile market? call it rant or what you want....im stating facts that are known and as for the guy who says root my phone...I just laughed when you said that...soooo the device is so bad that I have to void my warranty to try and fix some issues on the phone....thanks but no thanks lol I cant seem to find one post who isnt biased on the fascinate for what it is...if you bought a car with that many problems you would call it a lemon...but yet your all content with it lmao!!!classic

ill boot up my DINC for the moment and pre order my X

14. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You went around to too many threads "stating your fact," mkszdroid.

That's trolling. Kindly stop doing that.

The best thing any of us can do when confronted with device issues is to post those issues in detail in the hope of attracting responses with remedies.

http://androidforums.com/fascinate-support-troubleshooting/

GrandMasterB likes this.
  15. mkzbdroid

lmao get over yourself...its a forum and as far as im concerned I havent broken any rules from what I can tell...only pissed off samsung fanboys...

16. Droidus

Droidus Well-Known Member

If you have so many issues why havent you tried to exchange it? Why havent you posted any threads for help? If you get a lemon you get a replacement(this addresses your lemon law analogy); so why not go in and try to get a new phone to see if you indeed had a lemon.
    Trolling is coming through as your only intent here. Go find something more useful to do with your time.

17. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

Well i had the X and the signal is just as strong as the X so i dont see what you are gaining getting the X but hey nobody is going to make you keep the phone go get the X but they are having plenty of issues as well so maybe it will work out better for ya.

18. OfTheDamned

OfTheDamned The Friendly Undead VIP Member

@OP Rant threads don't really ever accomplish much. If you want to start a thread about a problem and seek help/guidance for that problem then please feel free.

Frisco and GrandMasterB like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.