1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Write on a Word documentSupport

1. 13ilgal

13ilgal Well-Known Member

OK, apparently I am obsessed with writing on my tablet :D.

I wanted to makes notes on a Word document and figured out this solution. If anyone has a better workflow, please let me know!

I downloaded the ezPDF G-Drive plug in so I could access files stored in my Google Drive account.

I opened EZPDF Reader and chose to search for Web Docs. Opened my Drive folder and selected the Word document I wanted to annotate. I was prompted that the file was placed in My Docs (within EZPDF Reader).

I switched to the EZPDF Reader My Docs folder and opened the Word document (which had magically been converted to a PDF file for me. Awesome!) It then asked if I wanted to make a copy for annotations. I said yes, and then was presented with a full compliment of the EZ tools - pen, circles, arrows, etc.

The more I play around with this tablet, the more I love it. It is truly coming to replace my pens, legal pads and more at meetings. My desk is much neater now!!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

But it still has issues especially flattening the document for printing.
  3. 13ilgal

Haven't tried printing. I want to eliminate the paper, not produce more. :D

4. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

I am heavy into no paper and am looking for a solution that allows the printing of an altered PDF file with all printers. My HP prints them, the office printer does not. Because of that, I rarely annotate. Even those applications that claim to flatten, do not.
  5. 13ilgal

If I export anything I've created in EZPDF, all annotations come through on the files that end up in Dropbox. In not flattening, are you suggesting your prints have misaligned layers, or missing layers, from the annotations? Do phones need drivers like computers do? Seems puzzling...:confused:
  6. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

An altered PDF file is composed of layers and some printers require it to be flattened, one picture. The office printer is a Toshiba and it requires that action. I do device based PDF files using CamScanner.
  7. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

Both the Note 2 and 10, 1 Note hang up doing the flattening routine. Still playing whilst looking for a solution.
  8. Benjie

Benjie Well-Known Member

The Adobe Reader application and its annotation function works with the office printer, so onward with working with PDF signing.