• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Writing comments for apps

it has to post your name. Why don't you want it to? What are you so worried about? No one will track you down over a comment unless you are being a troll, and even then...they can't track you down, they may just make a new comment commenting on yours

Worse than the trolls and spam are those that comment on other comments or ask questions. Market comments are not intended to be a discussion thread or a means of support.

Upvote 0
Wish there was a way to flag such comments. Unhelpful and Spam really don't fit. There should be an Idiot Commenter option...

I usually just use Unhelpful. Though... I can't really tell if it does anything. At least for Spam, it removes it from my view, which makes me wonder how that works. Certainly it doesn't remove it from everyone's view?

There is that little icon next to the comment that has up/down arrows, but they never show anything for me. Does it take a certain number of "Unhelpfuls" before those to indicate anything, or is the icon just there for show?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones