• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Wrong contact showing up for missed call sms

Awesomeman

May 23, 2010
Hi guys,

I've got a strange situation and I've got no idea how to resolve it. This has been happening since I got my phone and while it's a big annoyance, it's not phone-breaking.

When anyone calls my phone and I miss the call I get an sms from the phone carrier stating I have a missed call. The thing is though, that for some reason the phone says that this is coming from someone on my friend's list. For simplicity I'll call her Jane. Anyway, I don't have Jane's number in my phone at all. If I go to the phone book though, it shows her Facebook picture and if I got to her contact card it shows all her numbers as being listed as "private". It also shows things like her date of birth (which it must have inmported from facebook). Strange thing is, it also shows her number as not being linked to anything. If I click on the link button and choose to link her to a Facebook contact she doesn't even appear on the list of people I can link the contact to.

I'm very confused and would love to know what I can do to fix this so that I don't keep getting messages from Jane, when it's really just my telco telling me I have a missed call?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones