Wrong icons in app manager?Support

Last Updated:

1. Aub

Aub New Member

Hello! I have a few questions about some things on my Ally. Lately it's been really slow in reacting so I've been going into application manager to close unnecessary running apps and there are some weird ones that keep popping up. The files are:

Usually I would just assume these are required running files but they have a really weird icon. It's a screen shot from a Final Fantasy game. I'm assuming Verizon and LG don't use video game screen shots for their icon pictures and I have nothing affiliated with any Final Fantasy game on my phone so, not really sure why those pics would come up.

Also there are many apps (including those 3) that list 0.00B as the memory size. Among them are repeat apps, like another camera icon. Is that normal?

And final question, with all the new things that came onto my phone with the froyo update, what are necessary and is there a way to keep them from automatically running? I don't use Skype, or my Visual VM or Gmail but they keep turning on and running in the background. I'm assuming there's no way to fully remove these stock items but can we at least set them to not auto-run?

Sorry for all the questions in my first thread, and another sorry if these questions are old news that have been addressed but I missed in search. If anyone has anything to contribute I would greatly appreciate it!

2. Afteraffekt

Afteraffekt Well-Known Member

Skype, and Visual VM cant be removed, the hiddenmenus icons are just that, they are hidden and never meant to be seen, and developers had fun with them, if you look in em they have pics of their pets! haha! Those are the programming menu, the service menu and cell menus (like Program00) (the numbers you dial for specific menus - I would leave them, they dont speed anything up by removing them! Check my app safty list!
  3. cylonman

cylonman Member

Phew, I was also wondering about the Final Fantasy icon. I thought my cellphone has been compromised or something. I really freaked out when I saw that.
  4. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Its an easter egg that LG put in.