Wrong Notification Sound

Last Updated:

1. LarryAhmeen

LarryAhmeen Member This Topic's Starter

Hello All!

I traded in my iPhone and got a Hero! I'm not regretting it so far, but I'm having an odd problem that I hope you can help me with.

I have a really long ringtone play every time I receive a text message. I have no idea why because I've set the "Notification Sound" as "Confirm" - which is a short little ring.

When I receive an email, "Confirm" plays. So it should be the same for receiving a text, except it's not...

Going through the ringtones, it's a song called "Glass" that plays every time I get a text message.

I have my own mp3 set as a ringtone for receiving calls.

Any clues what's going on here?
    Many thanks in advance for any hints!
    :)

Advertisement
  2. cwrig

cwrig Well-Known Member

Yes. I had the same problem.

The Messaging app on hero uses a different notification sound than the default. Which is actually nice once you know how to change it.

Open the messaging app so you are on the front screen that show all messages (not with an individual msg open)

Click the menu button/settings and look for the Select Sound option. Thats it.

3. LarryAhmeen

LarryAhmeen Member This Topic's Starter

Incredibly helpful!

You are right, it's nice to have separate sounds. That's all sorted now with thanks to you!

I think I'm going to enjoy this Android adventure. I already have a torrent of unanswered additional questions.

See you on the forums!

Many thanks :)

4. droidme

droidme New Member

I have been having this same exact problem for a few weeks and i was really starting to become very aggravated. You are amazing my friend. Many Many Thanks!!!