• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wrong Number Appearing in Texts

EppulJecks

Lurker
Apr 15, 2015
So my friend and I were texting when suddenly one of her texts comes in under a different number. Her number is usually something like +1-951-***-****. but now her texts are coming in under +11-951-***-**** so there's an extra 1 in the number making it an 11 digit number instead of 10.

When I try to text her under that number, I get a message immediately back saying it is an invalid number. If I text her regular number, she gets the message but all her responses come back under the supposed invalid number. When she calls, it comes under the correct number though. It is only text messages that are doing this. We both reset our phones and we tried taking out our sim cards and putting them back in but nothing has helped.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S4 Active and she's using a Galaxy S3.

EDIT: I downloaded a texting app an on that one her texts come in under the proper number. is it just a problem with the default messaging app?

Last edited:
Reactions: ShotgunBetty2013

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones