Wrong person selected when replying to text.Support

Last Updated:

1. Ze2o

Ze2o Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have this issue where when I am trying to reply to a text message and select the person's name to display the message but another person's name appears. I am not hitting the wrong person since the other person's name is nowhere on the screen.

Is anyone else experiencing this? I've had 3 HTC EVO that did the same thing so im assuming this is software issue.

Advertisement
  2. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

I believe they call that "drunk texting" :D

3. slugbug

slugbug Well-Known Member

Yep, they need to fix this. I have seen a few posts that mention the same thing. I have had a similar thing with mine since the update (go to text messages, select a thread to reply to, a completely different person/thread comes up).

4. Munnarg

Munnarg Well-Known Member

Happens to me daily.

5. Ze2o

Ze2o Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Do'h so i guess there is no fix for this yet.

It's quite annoying but i can live with it.

Thanks!

6. streetdreams5520

streetdreams5520 New Member

me tooo....makes me upset

7. gordo

gordo Member

yea this needs to be fixed, i didn't pay attention to it once and sent a text to the wrong person.

8. cremona

cremona Well-Known Member

Sometimes when I select the person at the top of the list it gives me the person displayed at the very bottom. This has happened constantly.

9. bluelt1ss

bluelt1ss Member

this hasnt happened to me but using my favorites widget i will select someone to call and it will call someone completely different. this happened many times now

10. APBTx2

APBTx2 Active Member

This and the texting problem hit me almost daily. It seems if I go to my favorites to dial or go to the texts and give the phone just a second, this doesn't happen.

11. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

happens to me about every other day too. It needs to get fixed it does it with handcent and the stock messaging app

12. adrianq

adrianq Well-Known Member

This has happened to me a few times and has created some awkward situations (ie.. sending "LOVE YOU" to my boss when it was meant for the wife).

It has happened using the stock app AND Handcent. Tried using ChompSMS for a bit, but I don't care for it.

I posted a bug on handcent about it, but no responses. It isn't specific to handcent though.

13. kaity

kaity New Member

Ahhhh this happens to me every day. I only sent the text to the wrong person once though. I almost sent a dirty text that was meant for my boyfriend to my boss. That would have been very awkward going into work the next day. I now double check the name before typing any text, dirty or not.

14. LazyEngineer

LazyEngineer Active Member

This happens to me daily. Same thing sometimes when I use Favorites widget with various friends on speed dial. I'll press one person's speed dial, and it'll dial a different one. Pretty annoying.