Wrong Time on Weather WidgetSupport

Last Updated:

1. Riggss

Riggss Member This Topic's Starter

any idea how to change the time on the accuweather.com weather widget? It shows the correct time down on bottom right but not the bigger center time....really odd

got the phone today, LOVES IT!!

Advertisement
  2. chillibean

chillibean Well-Known Member

Same happened on my wife's s2. The widget was crashing.
    Try clearing the cache on app through app manager and that should do the trick. If it still does it, try an uninstall and reinstall of the app after clearing the cache

3. Mar

Mar Well-Known Member

The time on the bottom right is the time it last updated the weather. check that the widget is displaying the time for your current location or the city you live in. If you scrolled by mistake and have a different city with a different time zone that could be one reason it is displaying the wrong time :p

4. Doit2it

Doit2it Well-Known Member Contributor

A man with one clock always knows what time it is. A man with two clocks is never sure.

5. tommyowens1

tommyowens1 New Member

had same issue. GPS was disabled so the current city info would have been cached. this seemed to prevent the refresh. out of time problem caused by day light savings. needed to turn on mobile data also and then turn off use current city location option in the accuweather app and then back on. :D

6. laurenmariee

laurenmariee New Member

So I have the same problem. And day light saving time was this weekend. It just happened about 30 minutes ago. I have tried everything in the settings for the phone date and time, and for the appointment settings as Well. I have tried What you guys were saying too. Nothing has worked. It's getting frustrating. Any ideas??

7. Trilliam

Trilliam New Member

Hi, the way I just updated the time on my weather widget was to delete my city and then have accuweather locate me again. It set the correct time immediately. Probably wasn't the ideal way but it was efficient.

8. northeast

northeast New Member

This worked perfectly. Thanks!

9. MacEFL

MacEFL New Member

How do you delete a city?

10. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

Try a thermonuclear weapon! :)

11. roughyear

roughyear New Member

Click on the Lock Screen weather... click on the plus sign + ... click on Current Location.. that how it resets you... click on the city/location it finds... BOOOOMMMM .. there u have it

12. Akira Shiaki

Akira Shiaki New Member

2016... and the bug is still here ;)

13. John Carr

John Carr New Member

Guys, I had an employee with this exact issue. No matter what city she put in, her date was wrong in the weather app. Yet, the time in the upper corner of her phone was correct. I figured it out when I added a clock widget to her phone, and it had the option to select a city. When I selected our city (Baltimore), it showed the time off by 7 hours. So, it wasn't the weather app.

Went to Settings, Date/Time, and saw that the time zone was set to British Eastern Time. I set that to Eastern Time Zone, and when I did, it changed the time to that incorrect time that was in there earlier (9am). So I then set it time to the correct time. Now both the time zone and the time were correct. closed all that, went to main screen and the weather app was now showing everything correctly.

mydian likes this.
  14. fjcastro

fjcastro New Member

This was bugging the heck out of me. My fix was simple. Go to Settings>Date and Time. Check the box for "Automatic Time Zone". It was as simple as that.l.