• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Wrong Weather Location - UNIQUE PROBLEM

nalynch

Nov 6, 2011
I'm 99.9% sure this problem I'm having is unique. I've googled and searched for hours.

Okay so I rooted my phone this past saturday, on a roadtrip (200 miles away from where I live). Anyways, i rooted successfully, downloaded titanium backup, backed up all my apps, but never made a nandroid backup in recovery. So im freezing away with titanium and next thing I know I lose the taskbar. Crap, so I reboot and then get stuck in boot loop, with no backup, CRAP. So I download a stockish gingerbread 2.3.4 and flash it, restore all my apps and everything is fine. But wait, it says on the flip clock widget that im still in the far away town.

I have tried deleting the widget, checking and unchecking location services, messing with the GPS, clearing data for the clock and weather widgets, rebooting, driving to another town hoping it would change locations, switching between multiple wifis and 3g, but NOTHING!!

An interesting note, the "news & weather" widget picks up my actual location just fine. And google maps knows exactly where I am...

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Is that my only option? I was hoping I could wipe just certain things, instead of the whole phone..

If my nandroid and app backups were made with the error won't it just return when I restore everything?

Could just try wiping the data for HTC sense (in "manage applications").

If that doesn't work, wipe and start fresh, don't restore your nandroid backup, would need to do a fresh install. When using titanium to restore apps, don't restore any system data, just apps.

Upvote 0
Could just try wiping the data for HTC sense (in "manage applications").

If that doesn't work, wipe and start fresh, don't restore your nandroid backup, would need to do a fresh install. When using titanium to restore apps, don't restore any system data, just apps.
Clearing the HTC Sense data didn't work.

So I should just flash a new ROM and restore just app data with titanium?

Any recommendations for a quick, stable, battery friendly ROM that will allow my battery meter in the top right to be replaced with a battery percentage (like battery circle or something)?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones