WSJ Review -What a garbage review.

Last Updated:

1. blozout

blozout Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Sprint 4G Phone Hits New Speeds, but Battery Disappoints - WSJ.com

What an horrendous piece of work. Apparently the article is not intended as a review of the EVO 4G but rather Sprints 4G network. The actual phone itself is barely touched upon except to say that "a full day use on 4G drains the battery" being alarmingly fast (obviously not compared to any other smartphone on a full day use, especially the iphone 3GS and it's poor battery life). What a joke, somebody please tell me as a layperson knowing nothing about the EVO and happening upon this article, what opinion do you have of the EVO 4G now?
    What features did you learn about? How about the Android OS and any new updates to it?
    Nope, instead you would think "Oh a big, heavy phone with bad battery life".
    What a joke and an embarrassment.

Advertisement
  2. GeneralPatton

GeneralPatton Well-Known Member

The battery life does worry me. We'll have to wait and see.

3. I_Am_Incredible

I_Am_Incredible Member

Trust me Mossberg is nothing but an APPLE LACKY!.... Nothing EDUCATIONAL ABOUT THE DEVICE... Just Bashing away... Full of shit

4. evoman2be913

evoman2be913 Well-Known Member

Mossberg always bores the hell out of me. It's like Bueller Bueller lol

mrk likes this.
  5. clickclack

clickclack Well-Known Member

Mossberg is a WELL KNOWN APPLE APOLOGIST! His "review" won't even get a look from me...he wouldn't know objectivity if it hit him square in the face.

6. RiverOfIce

RiverOfIce Banned

I already call out wall street journal once today, and got jumped all over for it.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-4g/54768-official-evo-rumors-speculation-thread-323.html#post759917

But I have to ask again. Please do not post to the wsj.

7. blake247

blake247 Well-Known Member

EXACTLY! He seemed reserved about the good things, yet went balls out about battery life. Not surprised.

8. nickoakdl

nickoakdl Well-Known Member

So now we are starting threads about reviews that already have their own threads? Well then I'ma start a thread called "Cnet review was so-so!"

9. Tripcomputer

Tripcomputer New Member

Hah! When I first found this thread, I thought this puppet was now doing articles for the WSJ.

10. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

This is not really a review on the device (per say). Being WSJ, they focus on product differentiation, and for this product it is 4G, hence the article's focus.

How is it garbage? Most previews and reviews have one thing in common and that is 4G drains more battery than 3G. Paying a premium for 4G when most (unless the only people that buy it, hang around 4G cities) will not have it is also a valid point that reviews are making.

Just use your EVO and make your own opinions. On a side note, I still can not believe such a big a$$ device has the microsd behind the battery.... on a device being pushed for higher def media! Ironic.

11. bunnymud

bunnymud Well-Known Member

I bet the guys Beta player still flashes 12:00

12. random255

random255 Well-Known Member

Seems fair... although, I wonder where the 9 GB figure comes from.

That's positive

Again, I think that's reasonable.

This review isn't all bad, nor is it off-base or obviously biased. Not everyone is going to love something just because you (or I) think it's going to be a great product.

I don't think Walter said anything in particular that I'd tend to disagree with.

13. ImmaSlave4U

ImmaSlave4U Well-Known Member

^ I totally agree.

14. jamor

jamor Well-Known Member

Poor battery life, to heavy, to big, spotty/slow 4g..

Oh well.

15. Bnice

Bnice Guest

Why all the negativity? have you experience the EVO first hand? So just because WSJ wrote a review you know all about the phone? but i would be mad to since you just got your Incredible and it's about to be an after thought June 4..ha ha TROLL.