• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help wsop jailbreak dilemma

Im in nevada...nevada and new jersey are the only two states that offer real money poker online....5 days ago wsop launched an android app so uou can now play real money poker on your android device...the use 3 nearby routers or cellphone towers to verify your actualy in either state to login and play...however it wouldnt let me lohin... . O when I called tech support he looked up my account and said it was giving him an error message that my phone was "jailbroke", prob a diff message but thats how he described it to me...said that those types of phones werent permitted on their site because people can cheat because they can use apps to share what their phone is seeing with other people...so is there a way for him not yo know that my phone is moded or jailbroke..however u say it for android

Upvote 0
There is a similar issue with the MLB At Bat app.

I think the reason they are doing this is to prevent people from changing what the phone reports to the app to get round geographical restrictions.

I don't actually know how the app determines that the phone has been rooted so the only thing I can suggest is using an app like Permissions Denied to tie the app down really tightly. It's worth trying but I make no guarantees.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones