WTB Android phone.

Last Updated:

1. WaVeS

WaVeS Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

WTB someones old android phone, I'd prefer a G1 but I only have $100 to spend. Unlocked would be great, but I think I can handle that. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Jorge22f

Jorge22f Member

If you want a used G1 for $100 it would have to be in pretty bad shape since they sell on ebay at an average of $200 last time I checked

3. Electric Eye-Candy

Electric Eye-Candy Member

If you use ATT, you can get a backflip for a penny as an upgrade. Go to Amazon wireless for details.
    We got two of them, and didn't have to pay an activation fee.

4. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't even recommend the backflip as an option dude; it's locked down, it's laggy, the keyboard sucks, and it's mainly aimed at the extremely young audience. It's a bad phone unless you're about 12 with no idea or past knowledge of what a good phone really is. If you do get it, I can honestly say I'll feel sorry for the pain you'll have to endure of a horrid phone.

5. Electric Eye-Candy

Electric Eye-Candy Member

Whatever you end up deciding on, make sure you get reviews from several folks--not just one person (that's 42 years old and has used several smartphones since they hit the market) or another person that seems to have a beef with it or people that use it (who's also jst a few years older than the 12 year-olds he targets as the people a device is only good for. Make sure they are accurate reviews from people who have actually used the device...

6. Germwise

Germwise Well-Known Member

why would anyone pay 200 bucks for a G1? its like 2 year old phone? i'm seeing droids for 250 on craigslist