• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WTB EVO w/ Broken Screen, will Sprint fix it?

Okay so mine is a little different story than the rest. My husband lost his EVO...No insurance...So now we're trying to find him a used one and I found one for cheap but the screen is broken but it works. I also found out that if we took it to Sprint then they may repair it for $35?
So I guess my question is, will Sprint repair the EVO even if I didn't buy it through them.

I'm a sprint tech, and I can tell you that we have a policy of the device needing to be on your account/line and working (making calls) for 30 days to prevent people from buying broken phones and getting them fixed/replaced. Otherwise, if you have ESRP on your line, its a free repair, without ESRP it's $35. It is an incredibly easy fix to replace the screen though, you just have to make sure you get the correct version as their are 3 different hardware versions for the EVO which can be found in menu/settings/about or something close to that, just look for hardware version, it'll either show something along the lines of version 01, 02, or 03 (not exactly sure how its worded in there, I'm not at work right now)

Reactions: rachelkitten
Upvote 0
sprint will only fix the screen if the crack is less than 1 inch long and only 1 crack. anything more than that and it's considered beyond repair, not because they can't fix it but because they won't get reimbursed got the part..pretty crappy policy.

Where is the "one inch rule?" There have been posts on here of people getting their completely shattered screens fixed for free, and others paying only 35 bucks.

Upvote 0
my wife dropped her 6 week old epic and it cracked in two places. she only dropped it from her pocket and she's kinda short. anyway, sprint wont fix it I went to 4 different stores. needlesd to say thats the story I got from every store. has to be only 1 crack and has to be less than 1 inch long or its considered damaged beyond repair and you have to file a claim. two techs from different stores told me it isnt because they cant fix it but because they wont get reimbursed when they send in the broke screen. sh##ty policy

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones