Wtf froyo update is available for my galaxy s but I can't seem to get itSupport

Last Updated:

1. Jyashi

Jyashi Member This Topic's Starter

]I got a samsung galaxy s on contract with t mobile in the uk. When I go on kies I see that there is a firmware update available but it says that its not available for my handset.

Now my baseband number is I9000boJF1 and my firmware version is 2.r update. I heard some post say recently that 2.2 update is only available for payg handsets and not contract handsets is that true? If the froyo update is still out there for t mobile then i will wait but if it is not coming at all then can someone post me how i can use the odin method to upgrade. Note my baseband version, last time I used odin with wrong files and it messed my galaxy s. Thanks

By typing *#1234# I get
    PDA: I9000BOJG3
    Phone: I9000BOJF1
    CSC: I9000GTMUJG1

Advertisement
  2. Jamalsid

Jamalsid Member

I think the froyo update is available for all unbranded SGS phones worldwide (someone correct me if im wrong). Some of the UK carriers are still tinkering (read messing up) the firmwares for their branded handsets.

I have an orange UK branded SGS and foyo isn't acvailable for me yet either. As Orange and T-Mobile are now one company that would exlain why you can't get it yet either I assume.

Orangehelpers on twitter told me they will tweet when the update is available.

My work colleague has a SGS on Vodafone UK with a branded handset and he recieved a text last week to tell him froyo was available.

I guess we just have to keep playing the waiting game.

Rusty Android likes this.
  3. Jyashi

Well I am still prepared to wait till the end od this month after which I might have to rely on odin

4. G_Ray

G_Ray Member

Well i dont think that Froyo is available worlwide for unbranded SGS phones because i have unbranded SGS,and i live in Croatia/Europe,and still got this message when i want to upgrade firmware via kies
    Current version:pDA:JM3/PHONE:JM1/CSC:JM1
    The latest version is already installed on connected device

5. Jamalsid

Jamalsid Member

Oh well. I can take some comfort in the fact that I am not the only one waiting for this update as well.

6. Jyashi

Any update on the froyo situation?

7. DroidRick

DroidRick Well-Known Member

If someone doesn't want to install KIES (me), but they want to know if KIES offers a firmware update for their phone, how would you find out?

Strangely, Samsung's site doesn't provide info on what firmware is the latest for your phone!

Also on this theme, is there a site online somewhere where I can tap into an online version of the KIES software? So it can check my phone, without my having to install the software on my computer.