WTF?! iPhone 4g has front facing cam too?!?!

Last Updated:

1. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

That really angers me that they would also put a front facing cam, just when we thought we had this to ourselves. I still wouldn't get an iPhool, EVO is still gonna be the best!

Advertisement
  2. infamousjax

infamousjax Well-Known Member

haha yeah well what do you expect from Apple they always are trying to have the latest and greatest technology. I am a die hard android fan but I think this new iphone will give the Evo a run for its money.

Sent from my SPH-M900 using Tapatalk

3. mcbtrain929

mcbtrain929 Well-Known Member

do we know how many megapixels the FF cam is on the iphone?

4. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

I imagine it will be similar to the Evo's...I believe Apple is going to include char software with it though while it's still unclear if the Evo will come with it natively.

5. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

why does it anger you so? If could be made of dog crap and people will still buy it.

6. acp

acp Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I'm just messing around with these (boredom)

7. WhiteNoise

WhiteNoise Well-Known Member

Why would you want it only for yourself, I want all cellphones to have a FF camera so we can actually use video chat.

8. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Ok, it has a front facing camera. If it stays on AT&T, there will be a ton of dropped video calls, and the network will be so bogged down that it will be worthless to try to video chat. IF AT&T even allows video calls.

9. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Great point about the network.

10. reallynotnick

reallynotnick Well-Known Member

The last iPhone had a lot of rumors of front facing camera, so I'm not surprised.

But the more front facing cameras the better as we will all be able to video chat through Skype or something.

11. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

yea wtf, don't get so mad, the more the marrier, i know alot of my friends will be getting the 4th iPhone, (don't call it iPhone 4g as it doesn't and WON"T have 4g) so now i am actually happy for them as it might be possible to video call some of them now... how fun would that be! they still can't BEAT the evo but they can play catch up all they want (which is ironic seeing how they are suing HTC for stealing their "inovation" but now they are doing it too and they won't admit it)

12. Outrigger

Outrigger Well-Known Member

Um... OK, so you only want the Evo but no other phones to have a front facing cam to do what? I don't think its useful when only a handful of people in the country have telephones and the rest use pigeons, do you?

13. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

HTC phones have had front facing cams for a while. It was typically the US iterations that had them removed because the networks didn't want to support them. Even where they were left intact, they weren't very popular.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

et cetera...

14. billsmed

billsmed Well-Known Member

Maybe they're planning to move to Sprint? I'm with you legacy, I can't see video chat working very well on 3G.

15. ajac09

ajac09 Banned

AT&T allows it but thier network sucks so much theirs no point in utilizing it. All the evidence of apple going to sprint just keeps adding up. Only one reason I want the iphone to come to sprint. more customers which = more money for sprint which means sprint will improve their service get more devices and pay their employees better and hopefully treat them better.

billsmed likes this.
  16. neodorian

Yeah, I'm not a huge iPhone fan but I know plenty who are and would love a cheaper carrier with better coverage if it meant they could keep their iPhone ecosystem and not change anything.

17. latinmaxima

latinmaxima Well-Known Member

Well If the rumor is true that Verizon will be getting th iPhone then I could see it as the intend to begin launching their version of 4g within the year or something like that. I think it is great to offer it for people to use skype and other video chat services. I dont have many friends getting the EVO so I will only be able to video chat with people on their laptops or at work? That would suck!

18. billsmed

I'm just saying (if) the iPhone were to come to Sprint, it would give WiMAX a lot of credibility. After all, if it's good enough for Apple, then it must be okay. It would also bring a big influx of customers which could help in the expansion of the WiMAX network and better phones.

The beauty is, WiMAX won't bog down like 3G did for AT&T, because WiMAX has the bandwidth to support it. Even when LTE comes into play, they're still going to have a lot of the issues they've had all along with 3G. Steve Jobs knows all this and it would be a smart move to also have Sprint as one of their carriers. Because of the front facing camera and the lack of news on the lawsuit, it makes me think Sprint and Apple have already made a deal.

For some reason, I don't see Sprint charging ahead with the EVO the way they are, if the lawsuit was still looming over their head.

19. neodorian

The main problem with this theory is that Apple doesn't like to be the first to try something new like that. They are known for taking the features that are proven and polished to a level not found in the competition. Their competitors are often more capable or flexible but maybe not as unified or slick/simple.

Wimax on phones is going to be new and it's unlike Apple to jump into a new tech like that without letting someone else test the waters and take care of the obvious pitfalls.

20. billsmed

Whether it's tried and true or not, it's the only way to go if you have a front facing camera (that I can see). We should know a lot more by June.

21. neodorian

Well, like I mentioned, HTC has been selling phones with front facing cameras for years on 3G networks. It's mainly the US carriers who didn't want to support them. There are already applications such as "Knocking" that use point-to-point video on the iPhone right now.

Still, I agree that Apple probably wouldn't add video chat unless they thought it would be a relatively idiot-proof and stable feature. A higher bandwidth network would certainly go a long way toward that.

My main reason for wanting an iPhone on Sprint: getting my friends on the same carrier and off AT&T :D

billsmed likes this.
  22. billsmed

@neodorian
    Thanks for showing us all the phones with front facing cameras.

23. neodorian

There are a lot more. I used to get really annoyed that my WM phones had the front cams removed :)

24. skinnyguy

skinnyguy Well-Known Member

nokia n95 has a front facing cam too.

25. So-Low Da Don

So-Low Da Don Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I mean I want other phones to have it, but did they have to take it that fast? I would've thought they would wait til like 4gs to steal it.