1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

WTF is going on here???

1. Parshooter

Parshooter Well-Known Member

I have over 2000 songs downloaded on my phone. I've tried to get them onto a memory stick but not all of them show up when I open up the file. I have used 2 different WiFi file download apps, but I'm missing songs/artists when I open up the music folder. If it matters, I'd say 90% were downloaded through Amazon (either purchased there or ripped from my own cds) and the others are from MP3 ring tone download apps. No rhyme or reason which songs/artists aren't showing up in my music file. This is really bugging me, as I want ALL my music on the memory stick, for backup and sharing purposes. TIA :smokingsomb:

Advertisement
  2. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor Guide

How about just plugging it in instead of using WiFi?
  3. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I was thinking that, if it's a memory stick why use WiFi? Just plug it into the PC, will be much quicker and 100% reliable.
  4. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

I wouldn't really recommend this one for music, unless it's your own music and you own the copyright.

Terms of Service - Minus
    Minus Inc reserves the right to remove or replace any uploaded files, and assumes no liability for lost registration links or misplaced file URLs. The following types of files constitute "abuse" and may not be uploaded under any circumstances, when using Minus Inc's Image Hosting:
    The following types of files constitute "abuse" and may not be uploaded under any circumstances, when using Minus Inc's Image Hosting:

• Files that violate any law or may be considered to violate any law.
    • Files that infringe on the copyrights of any entity excluding the user.
    You may find that 11GB of MP3s you uploaded has suddenly gone bye bye!!
    eyebeam likes this.
  5. Parshooter

I was using a wifi file app and then downloading to the memory stick. Well, before I was unable to view what was on my phone via USB. I just hooked it up, and now I can view what's on the phone/SD card. BUT, not all my music, as before, is showing up. It's the same stuff that I was looking at when I was going through WiFi (wifi file download apps). My music seems to be showing up in 2 folders: Amazon MP3 and one called 32G SD Card (I believe I created that one). Still, I'm missing music that is on my phone. Weird or just part of the imperfect world of high tech?
  6. chanchan05

Are you sure themusic file is on the phone itself and not playing from the cloud? Also it may just be in a different folder.
  7. mikedt

mikedt 你好 Guide

Is your music library entirely MP3, or are there other formats as well? - e.g. OGG, WMA, M4A, M4P, et, - maybe some have DRM? So they might not get picked-up within the particular Android music. Android apps should be able to play M4A, OGG, WMA, but not DRM'd WMA or Apple's M4P, iTunes only.
  8. Parshooter

My main player is Amazon MP3, there is a cloud and on device menu. Some of the songs are on the cloud, all are on the device.
  9. Parshooter

I really don't know. As I said before, I have downloaded some (a few hundred?) from Tunee and a few MP3 ringtone apps. Don't know what format those are in. All music plays fine, just some songs aren't showing up where I think they should be. :confused:
  10. chanchan05

how about using something like WinAmp for PC or MediaMonkey to search and retrieve all media files from your device? They'll find them wherever they are hidden and whatever format they could be.
  11. johnlcok

johnlcok Member

This happend to me too... very bad..