• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WTF is this bullcrap

SERO does stand for the everythinf referal program... that is waht i am talking about...

No they are different.. And SERO is not available to the general public anymore. From Sprint's site
"The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi and HTC EVO 4G are not compatible with SERO or Everything Plus Messaging rate plans. If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans. HTC EVO 4G also requires the $10 Premium Data add-on."

So one of the Everything Plus Data Plans is compatible.

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

Upvote 0
No they are different.. And SERO is not available to the general public anymore. From Sprint's site
"The Samsung Instinct, Samsung Instinct S30, Samsung Instinct HD, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, Palm Pixi and HTC EVO 4G are not compatible with SERO or Everything Plus Messaging rate plans. If you are considering an upgrade to one of these devices, you will need to also upgrade your rate plan to one of the Everything Plus Data (Individual or Family) rate plans. HTC EVO 4G also requires the $10 Premium Data add-on."

So one of the Everything Plus Data Plans is compatible.

Sprint | Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program

Yo, evo is compatible with the $59 500 minute plan and that is everything referall thingy

Upvote 0
I bought my Evo from Best Buy last Friday night. No pre-order or anything. I had called around the day before seeing if any retailer had any in stock and found that the BB 50-60 miles away had one. They placed an Evo on hold for me and I went to BB the next day to purchase it.
My husband and I had called plenty of retailers before finding one that had the Evo in stock. Call around to all the retailers in your area to see if they have them in stock.

Upvote 0
I am not a child, but you are right I should have ordered. Except, my dad kept telling me to wait a day and then it sold out

You are 16. Thus a child. Your first post was June 20th. You can continue to ask all the questions you would like but having read your posts, I feel you would be best served by sitting down with a rep, mommy and daddy, and asking your questions, then ordering the phone and subsequently using the phone to see if it is for you.

Sprint gives you 30 days to play.

Upvote 0
You do know if you are a NEW Sprint customer, you get bumped to the top of the in store wait list right? Most you would have to wait is 7-10 days for teh phone from the moment you walked into the store. I walked in on Friday to put my name on the list and had two EVO's Monday afternoon.

Also, if you have been waiting since launch, you are doing something wrong. They do NOT come to your house and let you know when they are in stock.

Upvote 0
also, if you call and ask to get put on the wait list, you should lie to them when they ask for you phone number and tell them you are a new customer, they use your phone number to check your current phone and plan and what not.

i spent like 1 week trying to find a replacement for light leak, i would call the stores saying i was a new customer and i needed an evo, so i showed up whenthey had one for this "new" customer and i told them i just needed a replacement, needles to say they put up a fight to not rep out my light leak but i had won, and i truely felt like i had beat the system.

gotta love america

Reactions: JunBringer
Upvote 0
Could it be that Samsung is practicing the dark art of collusion? After all they are launching 4-5 new devices. Just a conspiracy theory. But you never know. :eek:

A single party cannot - by definition - practice collusion.

Further - Samsung is in business to make money whether by selling cell phones or parts for them. They're building $2.2 billion fab specifically to capture lost revenues they're suffering right now by not being able to meet demand for their SAMOLED screens. And certainly, they'll their supply to their own sister divisions first, outsiders second - that's pretty normal. The worst they could do would be to create demand for SAMOLED displays and never give outsiders any access to them. OK - that's simply called product differentiation, also not illegal nor immoral.

Finally - and this is rather important - what does Samsung have to do with the Evo supply? Last I checked, no Evos have ever made using Samsung screens. I believe this rumor got started by people who misunderstood the decision HTC made to go with LCDs, due to Samsung's supply issues.

Here's that idiocy at work in the blogosphere -

Sprint Not Pleased with HTC’s Evo Shortage : AndroidSPIN | Your No.1 source for Everything Android.

Their source? The Wall Street Journal -

Sprint May Flub Its 4G Lead - WSJ.com

The screens used in the EVO so far have been the Novatek and the Epson.

And you want any further proof that the WSJ is totally clueless, especially the part where HTC couldn't get screens from Samsung and therefore turned to Sony - where LCD displays are concerned: Sony has been getting their panels from Samsung, from a fab that Sony invested in - and Sony's expanding that supply to include those from another joint venture with Sharp. Sony's no different that HTC where LCD screens are concerned - they buy from others.

The source for the WSJ was undoubtedly forum comments and not associated in any way with actual information from actual sources.

Idiots at WSJ and AndroidSpin - not just fail - epic fail.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones