• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

WTF is wrong with my battery

aveq8

Apr 11, 2012
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Gio (no rooted\stock room).I don't know what is wrong with my battery.It takes about 10-20 seconds and decreases by 1% even if I am just opening the menu. Happens when it's locked too.It was 94% after 2-3 hours it was 75%.What is wrong with it? This began to happen some days ago when I opened WiFi.Again,I apologize for my english.

Here are the steps to troubleshoot the problem.

1. Turn off your phone and remove the battery. Replace the battery and charge it to full before turning it on.

2. Install an app like Watchdog Lite and see if any app has gone rogue on you and is consuming an inordinate amount of power.

3. Replace the battery with a new one. OEM would be better then aftermarket in most cases.

4. Factory reset the phone (Make sure you have everything backed up, this will wipe all user data from the phone)

If none of that fixes the problem you most likely have a problem with the internal circuitry. You'll need to have it repaired or replaced.

Reactions: breadnatty08
Upvote 0
May even be an email constantly sending, i fell for that one! Sent a pic to my folks to find it was still trying to send after 5-10 minutes. Unplugged my phone went out to lunch to find the battery draining! Plugged it in on my return to find it not charging if at all, noticed in the outbox the email still chugging away! Lol

Upvote 0
Yes,the battery drains even if the WiFi is off.Again,yesterday night it was 19% now is 0%.I will tell you what apps I have after I will charge my phone.Ok,here we go:
-air horn
-allshare
-androidlost
-aneq equalizer free
-audiotool
-4shared
-advanced lie detector
-angry birds
-barcode scanner
-bubble (live wallpaper)
-cache clear
-basketball shot
-battery monitor widget
-beautiful widgets
-camera zoom fx
-camera 360
-caynax system panel
-compass
-emf sensor
-entity sensor pro
-fancy widgets
-fix photo blur
-flashlight +
-ghost radar
-glow hockey
-go taskmanager
-gps status
-hi-q mp3 recorder
-instagram
-instant heart rate
-logo quiz
-yahoo messenger
-metal detector
-musical pro
-nfs shift
-photo warp
-rage maker
-ram booster
-repellent
-roll a joint
-shazam
-sketch free
-stopwatch&timer
-talking tom 2 free
-speedx 3d
-teamviewer
-tetris
-thermal vision cam
-thinkfree officehttp://androidforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4549969
-top eleven
-wifi file explorer pro
-zedge
-zoner antivirus free | running
-launcher pro |running
+some widgets running (from laucner pro,battery monitor,caynax and beautiful widgets)

Upvote 0
1. Do you actively use task manager apps to kill processes? STOP DOING IT.

2. How many widgets do you have?? Beautiful Widgets would be draining your battery a bit harder when its trying to update and you don't have a connection.

3. For a phone with multiple widgets/apps which refresh periodically, 15hrs is normal standby battery life, with 8-10hrs moderate usage. 94%-75% in 3 hrs (basically 7>% per hour) isn't so bad. That's my battery life

4. I think its your setup and not a problem with the battery. For example, my phone lasts 36hrs normally from out of the box (tested it for a couple of days before I migrated). Then after I set it up, with Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Google (plus, contacts, calendar), Email, Widgets all syncing in the background using data, battery life dropped to approx 15hrs, with a battery usage of 5-10% per hour, exactly similar to your case.

Upvote 0
Yes,the battery drains even if the WiFi is off.Again,yesterday night it was 19% now is 0%.I will tell you what apps I have after I will charge my phone.Ok,here we go:
-air horn
-allshare
-androidlost
-aneq equalizer free - suspect
-audiotool
-4shared
-advanced lie detector
-angry birds
-barcode scanner
-bubble (live wallpaper)
-cache clear
-basketball shot
-battery monitor widget -battery hog
-beautiful widgets - BIG battery hog
-camera zoom fx
-camera 360
-caynax system panel
-compass
-emf sensor
-entity sensor pro
-fancy widgets - Battery hog
-fix photo blur
-flashlight +
-ghost radar
-glow hockey
-go taskmanager
-gps status
-hi-q mp3 recorder
-instagram
-instant heart rate
-logo quiz
-yahoo messenger - If you leave this running all day, this is a HUGE battery drain
-metal detector
-musical pro
-nfs shift
-photo warp
-rage maker
-ram booster - This is a task killer. Get rid of it.
-repellent
-roll a joint
-shazam
-sketch free
-stopwatch&timer
-talking tom 2 free
-speedx 3d
-teamviewer
-tetris
-thermal vision cam
-thinkfree officehttp://androidforums.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=4549969
-top eleven
-wifi file explorer pro
-zedge - Get rid of this.
-zoner antivirus free | running - Another battery hog, and it does absolutely nothing.
-launcher pro |running
+some widgets running (from laucner pro,battery monitor,caynax and beautiful widgets)

My responses in red

Reactions: lunatic59
Upvote 0
I think I will buy an extended battery,because it's unsupportable! I just browsed for about an minute and BOOM! -10%.What battery would you recommend me? (BTW I am from romania,so I want a site that can delivery to my country)
BTW: it matters if I use anti theft? I mean it drains the battery? It may be in the background

Upvote 0
I installed some applications (like 3d camera,another 3d thing camera,motion detector,motion camera..) my phone was 100%,then the next morning it was 36%.HUGE battery drop.I deleted them then the battery decreased at 21%.I was looking at the widget for 2 seconds then,again -6%. WTF? It was ok first time but now it's unacceptable! What should I do to last even two days? (anything is off expect sound and the signal is full)if i go to battery usage it says : Cell standby: 50% and Phone idle 50%.I have 15h on battery and it's 4%.I don't know if it matters but my antivirus detected adware\leadbolt on some applications.Oh,I forgot to say my battery has 35 C degrees in idle,is that normal? It usally has 20-25 max 30 in idle and in full load 40.

Take a look here(I think something is wrong..): http://imgur.com/Wqij0
http://imgur.com/0lBL9
http://imgur.com/Na81g ( recent )
http://imgur.com/Wqij0,0lBL9,Na81g,VQEK4 (recent)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones