WTF? Now my Droid is with US Cellular?

Last Updated:

1. kabz

kabz Member This Topic's Starter

I don't know if this is because I'm rooted, or have flashed too many Roms, or the wrong Rom, or if this is a regular Droid issue but a VERY weird thing happened today. Yesterday I kept getting a data roaming lost notice and was only on 1G a lot of the day. Today my phone wouldn't dial. It would go to the dialer, connect and hang up right away. I decided to try *228. When I did, it said I was on the US CELLULAR ACTIVATION LINE! I rebooted and the same thing! I finally wiped all data and was able to get Verizon on *228 and the phone works now.

Advertisement
  2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

Sounds like you tried to update your roaming capabilities while not having the proper connection, I have done that before with a previous phone and ended up being connected to Altell.

3. kabz

kabz Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for letting me know that this kind of thing has happened to someone else! My gmail account was hacked last week - it was a mess and took days to straighten it all out. So when this happened this morning I freaked thinking somehow my Droid had been hacked or something.