WTF...Phone is going crazySupport

Last Updated:

1. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # This Topic's Starter

So all of a sudden, my phone starts randomly highlighting icons, then the icon title starts scrolling horizontally from right to left. It's bouncing all over the place highlighting things randomly. Same thing when I enter menus. Reboot didn't work. Pulled the battery, no go.

Last thing I did was installed King #2 kernel and it seemed to me that the System app was not letting the CPU settle so I Nand backuped to a KNOWN good configuration from a few days ago...Frankenrom and the kernel it comes with.

WTF!?! Anybody heard of this before?

Advertisement
  2. sylent101

sylent101 Well-Known Member

That used to happen to me when the optical trackpad was dirty. Did you try cleaning it ?

3. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # This Topic's Starter

Maybe sorta. I was thinking static so I removed my screen protector which was getting a little shabby anyway. That didn't do anything so I ran the palm of my hand up and down the screen real fast to either try to create or dissipate some static and it quit. Might have rubbed across the trackpad in the process though who knows. For now it seems to be ok. Guess I'll keep an eye on it and hope it doesn't return. Strange. :(