wtf up SetCpu

Last Updated:

1. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i have voodoo with a quad score of 1600, but my issue is that
    with SETCPU, i only get 1000 as a max. I did a lot of work trying to get that 1200 on SETCPU.

what did i do wrong ?

Advertisement
  2. jamesnmandy

jamesnmandy Well-Known Member

you must be rooted and then flash a kernel that supports overclocking frequencies before you can overclock. setcpu can underclock your phone with only root

3. zaphodbebleebrox

zaphodbebleebrox Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

where do i find a kernel that supports overclocking ?

is voodoo so fast on code alone ? ( not effecting cpu clock) ?

4. nitsuj17

nitsuj17 Well-Known Member

voodoo is a kernel that changes your file system from rfs to ext4.

its my understanding that our phones write speeds are terrible on rfs so "theoretically" voodoo increases that greatly. i believe, however, that the larger your internal storage is, the more voodoo helps you. for example the captivate has bigger storage so bigger "real" gains from voodoo.

this may or may not be the reason that the epic 4g with its 1gb internal would get no advantage from voodoo. supercurio (the head of the voodoo project) explained it in irc to me once but stupidly i didnt save it, but i *think* it was something along those lines.

currently there are no overclock nonvodoo kernels in circulation. some of us have them from irc, but they arent current and in real world usage you are better of with a "JT Nightly" as im calling them or one of geekniks at xda.

new voodooo for eclair is out, but i dont believe jt has updated the code for it in his voodoo kernels, if he has it would have been in the last few hours so i dont know.

most of us are on nonvoodoo, non-oc kernels currently running the latest and advances from the dev community and they are great. im sure oc voodoo will jump back in the game at some point, but for now its not the flavor of the week.

my advice. disable/remove voodooo and get one of jts newer kernels in rom manager. yes your quadrant score will suck, but your every day use wont :)