WTH - all of a sudden won't boot?Support

Last Updated:

1. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

k, have had my X since Friday. Loving the phone so far, no issues. Installed a couple live wallpapers, a few apps from the Android Market.
    This morning I was playing with skins for Beautiful Home (beautiful widget), and I couldn't get my icons to load on the home screen/s. So I decided to re-boot. Power off, no problem...power on, nothing happening. Black screen.
    Green light is on if charging, battery is not dead, but just simply won't boot.
    Tried pulling the battery (which was pretty difficult, because I removed the stupid battery pull tab by accident when I first put the battery in), but I managed. Still nothing.
    Any tips or possible solutions before I take a couple hours of my day to head to the Verizon store? Ugh!!!

Advertisement
  2. blugrss4ever

blugrss4ever Well-Known Member

You might already have tried this, but try holding the power button a little longer before releasing - maybe 5 seconds...worked for me at one point in my bad X journey. :(

3. tdse

Yeah, have tried a couple secs, 5 secs, 10 secs... nothing.
    Thank you though.

4. tdse

Ok, false alarm, kinda. Faulty charger, so my fault thinking it was charged (since it had been on the charger all night), but it had really drained to < 5%. Phone is okay, charger is not.