Wth???General

Last Updated:

1. mandirae16

mandirae16 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I turned my phone off and when I went to turn it back on I get a black screen with a picture of an Eris and a red triangle with a ! in the middle and it just stays there. What the heck just happned, and what do I do now?

Advertisement
  2. mandirae16

Ok, I don't know what I did or what happened, but I pulled the battery and left it for a while and when I powered the phone back on it turned on fine....I was scared for a minute there.

3. bjf88

bjf88 Well-Known Member

Congrats on fixing it yourself :D

4. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

sounds like you got into bootloader. battery pulls can be scary from there huh? LOL

5. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

That is a strange behavior. It could have been a signal issue as the device attempted to retrieve information; I'm wondering how far along in the boot-up process it was before showing that red triangle icon.

6. mandirae16

It happened as soon as I hit the power button. That was the first thing that showed up. Now I'm getting a com.htc.bg error. It says the process com.htc.bg has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again, and gives me the force close button.

7. alprazolam

alprazolam Well-Known Member

Have you upgraded your phone from 1.5 to 2.1?

8. Frisco

Are you running one of the two 2.1 leaks?

9. mandirae16

yes. I have the latest one. And now everytime I exit out of a app, any app, i was just using handcent it goes to the htc black screen then loads my home page again.

10. alprazolam

I tried doing a Google search for that process and I can't find an answer for it. You need to go into the Root forums and ask one of the guys there such as jamezell, jcase, grdlock. They work with the files of our phone and can probably tell you what htc.bg is.

mandirae16 likes this.
  11. mandirae16

I googled it also and didn't find anything. I even tried the *288 thing, didn't work. I'm thinking about backing everything up and wiping the whole phone...

12. alprazolam

May not be a bad idea. Sounds like an app has gone to crap on you. Make sure to add things back slowly so that you know a certain app isn't causing the error. Would hate to get it all set up and then get the error all over again.

13. Caddyman

Caddyman Well-Known Member

You didnt set a wallpaper from a pic on your card then delete the file did you?

Just a wag...

14. Frisco

Some of the leak users are having success getting rid of bugs by just redoing the install.

First make sure the hash matches, and the exact file size of the download you now have. If not, re-grab it.

15. robo123

robo123 Well-Known Member

I've had the same com.HTC.bg error since I updated to 2.1 v2 . It keeps me from being able to sync to Facebook, but I don't know what else it affects. I still haven't found a fix for it. Let me know if you're more successful than I have been.

16. chatch

chatch Active Member

You have spare parts installed? I had the same thing when i turned aggressive behavior on. Unsinstalled it but fogot to change the setting back, took me a minute to figure it out.

17. alprazolam

18. mandirae16

Thanks for all the advice guys. I ended up wiping the whole phone and rebooting it. I did have spare parts installed and did have it on aggressive. I wonder if that was the problem. I did not reinstall it and it is running fine now.

19. 4x4le

4x4le Well-Known Member

I can bet money that was the problem. I had spare parts and it was the same thing. I will not run that app again ever.

20. Frisco

That isn't the only app the seems to swish it's hand around in the 2.1 system enough to cause problems for more than one user. The bugs and fixes thread has a few more mentioned.

I have 1.5 running still, and I found it best to stay away from task managers and some of the larger arcade games. I'm wondering if the official OTA addresses this stuff.

21. jreed2560

jreed2560 Well-Known Member

spare parts isn't a bad app (even on 2.1 leak v.2) Its always one of the first apps I reinstall after a wipe. Just leave to process management setting alonge (it has two options, neither of which are selected by default). Its a useful tool in gaining access to info and settings in your phone you wouldn't otherwise have access to. As a general rule of thumb when changing settings, change one at a time. if it doesn't cause problems then change another one...so on and so forth. I have never run into a problem that way.