X 10 android os update possible?Support

Last Updated:

1. Capdroid

Capdroid New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi there. Sorry if my thread is ridiculous but i am really new to android. Question is if my xperia came with 1.6 will it stay on 1.6 indefinately with only sonys shell being updated? IF not how do we update the os itself?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

It's been announced that an update to android 2.1 is scheduled fire next month and a further update to 2.2 has been rumoured but nothing set in stone, android 3.0 its also meant to be coming or later this year but will probably never see x10 imo through official updates,

If you wasn't to rush ahead and update it yourself you would have to hack your phone and root it, which although you would have to research how and what to do, is becoming quite popular and I'm even getting tempted to do this myself if 3.0 seems worth it!

3. dibberly

dibberly Well-Known Member

i thought that 2.1 is the latest FW for the x10...if not def 2.2 :S

almost sure i read that 3.0 would never reach the x10

4. knudsen81

knudsen81 Well-Known Member

Yes we can root the x10 but still not put a custom rom on the phone

5. Finde

Finde Member

At this time 3.0 not reaching the x10 is only speculations. We don't know because it hasn't been announced.

6. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

yeah but the fact its taken them all year to put timescape and mediascape onto 2.1 suggests that the x10 is not their main priority right now, read something yesterday though on some news blog that sonyericsson have said 2.2 will be coming to x10 :)

apparantly 3.0 might need 512 ram though as well as the 1ghz snapdragon processor, which kind of sucks for us X10 users, and i'm willing to wager if the x10 mini's cant handle it they probably wont improve the x10 and instead concentrate on their next line of phones

7. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

From what I remember, it was rumoured the X10 would never get 3.0 but, that's because it was said Android 3.0 needed 512mb ram and the x10 has something stupid like 384? But it was later revealed and confirmed by Google that, those specs were the recommended specs, not the minimum specs so we could see 3.0 on the X10.

8. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

From what I have read here in this forum, you will be lucky to get the X10 above 1.6 since the screen is NOT MultiTouch. No where on the net is it mentioned that the X10 will be getting 2.1, what is said is, they are considering it. well we all know what that means....

9. palace35mm

palace35mm Member

Hi there then you need to read this cos it has been confirmed by SE about the 2.1 Update

Product Launch Blog;)

Bexy likes this.
  10. darthlinux

darthlinux Well-Known Member

I really hope we get the 2.2 update, I have a friend who has the desire and that due for the 2.2 update soon.