• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X 10 android os update possible?

It's been announced that an update to android 2.1 is scheduled fire next month and a further update to 2.2 has been rumoured but nothing set in stone, android 3.0 its also meant to be coming or later this year but will probably never see x10 imo through official updates,

If you wasn't to rush ahead and update it yourself you would have to hack your phone and root it, which although you would have to research how and what to do, is becoming quite popular and I'm even getting tempted to do this myself if 3.0 seems worth it!

Upvote 0
It's been announced that an update to android 2.1 is scheduled fire next month and a further update to 2.2 has been rumoured but nothing set in stone, android 3.0 its also meant to be coming or later this year but will probably never see x10 imo through official updates,

If you wasn't to rush ahead and update it yourself you would have to hack your phone and root it, which although you would have to research how and what to do, is becoming quite popular and I'm even getting tempted to do this myself if 3.0 seems worth it!

Yes we can root the x10 but still not put a custom rom on the phone

Upvote 0
yeah but the fact its taken them all year to put timescape and mediascape onto 2.1 suggests that the x10 is not their main priority right now, read something yesterday though on some news blog that sonyericsson have said 2.2 will be coming to x10 :)

apparantly 3.0 might need 512 ram though as well as the 1ghz snapdragon processor, which kind of sucks for us X10 users, and i'm willing to wager if the x10 mini's cant handle it they probably wont improve the x10 and instead concentrate on their next line of phones

Upvote 0
From what I have read here in this forum, you will be lucky to get the X10 above 1.6 since the screen is NOT MultiTouch. No where on the net is it mentioned that the X10 will be getting 2.1, what is said is, they are considering it. well we all know what that means....

Hi there then you need to read this cos it has been confirmed by SE about the 2.1 Update

Product Launch Blog;)

Reactions: Bexy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones