X instock anywhere?

Last Updated:

1. kimf

kimf Active Member This Topic's Starter

I have called around to a couple local stores and can't find it. Has anyone found one in a B&M store recently or are they all pretty much sold out?

Advertisement
  2. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Pretty much sold out everywhere. I'm putting a slightly used one on ebay today or tomorrow.

3. ryanc2

ryanc2 Well-Known Member

WalMart.

4. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

I ordered mine over the phone from vzw at 10am on launch day, and before they could get the order finished they went on back order. They say mine will be shipped on 7/23.

5. Pucuck

Pucuck Well-Known Member

I stopped in at a small Verizon store (not one of the main ones, just one in a shopping center) and they had one in stock. I had already ordered mine, luckily it arrived today. Now I have to wait for the day to be over :(

6. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

Not to throw gas on the fire but I found it VERY interesting that most of the VZW guys at my local corporate store already had personal X's on their belts yesterday. I guess if I worked there I would grab one first too. I'm just sayin'...

7. Exiled

Exiled Well-Known Member

I heard of quite a few people having luck finding some at Walmart.

8. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

Walmart. They got only one at launch and 2 days later when I went down they still had it. No one thinks to go there I guess. I was lucky.

9. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

my speaker went out on mine so i needed it replaced, its sold out in philadelphia, surrounding suburbs, south and central jersey. i had to have it delivered from tech support. wont be here until tomorrow :(

10. kimf

kimf Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the tips, guys. I just called the local Walmart and they claim to have some. I'm just hoping it's not the old Droid and they do know what the X is!!

Now to buy one or not!

11. albiewan

albiewan Well-Known Member

Good luck! It's worth the time and effort to find one believe me!

12. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

13. Disastertwins

Disastertwins New Member

I walked into one of the 3 VZW in my town at 11:00 am launch day, and they had 8 left. Then again, I do live in south bend (the town Notre Dame is in) and a ton of other colleges so all the rich college students probably had theirs ordered by their parents and the rest of the college kids couldn't afford it. Walmart would def. be the place to try lately though, I was having issues with my texting and was grocery shopping so I stopped into the wireless area of WM and ask the guy in charge. He said "I don't think they even go on sale for a few more days." I then waved mine in his face and he said "Oh...yeah we have 2, we haven't sold any..." :) Gotta love dumb Walmart employees.

14. tranceFusion

tranceFusion Well-Known Member

got one at walmart. said they had 2 ready for launch and nobody looked or asked for them all weekend.

15. jbhumph

jbhumph Well-Known Member

Darn it...I found one at a local Wal Mart too. Wish my gf could switch hers out there cause she's going to have to wait for a replacement

16. kingpong

kingpong Member

Picked up 2 today at the Super Walmart in Gainesville, Fl. The other Walmart in town informed me that the entire state of Florida was sold out. Called the other store and they had 2 of them available.

17. phoga

phoga Member

Walmart should have some. I ordered mine online when it said it would ship by 7/23. Suppose to come in today.

18. thenew3

thenew3 Well-Known Member

my local best buy still had a few as of late yesterday afternoon.

19. downey1071

downey1071 Active Member

Best Buy should have plenty, seeing how they will bend you over if you buy one from them, I went into one today and was told it would cost me $699 for a Droid X full retail, I said Verizon said the full retail is $569, they said then go to Verizon, so I called the local Walmart and they said they have them in stock for $530 I told Best Buy and they said then go to Walmart, I told the asshole that they needed to stop saying that the would match prices if they were not really going to do it, I left drove to Walmart and walked out with my brand new Droid X. P.S. I will NEVER to business with a Best Buy again.

20. Mew2

Mew2 Member

I hope they come in around Southern California because I bought my fiance one and I'm paying for a family plan for a phone she doesn't have yet -_-

21. 7lenny7

7lenny7 Member

When I was at our local Vzw store the night before launch, talking the manager, one of the store employees, who was not working that night, walked out of the back room with a DX. The manager says to him, "Did you get one?" to which off-duty employee says, "Sure did!".

I said, "I thought those were supposed to go out until tomorrow?" and he replied, "That's one of the perks of working here", and smugly walked out.

I don't blame him.

22. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

I was at a best buy yesterday and they didn't have any in.

23. svnty6rs3

svnty6rs3 Member

hey just to let you guys know its in stock on amazon i ordered it yesterday and it got shipped out today and will have it in my hands tomorrow. So if anyone needs to find one amazon is a good place to check out.