X Just Freaked Out. Vibrated with blue led. Why?Support

Last Updated:

1. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So my phone just freaked out on me. I was sitting with it next to me. It started vibrating as if I was receiving a phone call and the blue led was flashing. However, the phone was not on silent and there was no incoming call. I was able to navigate the home screens, etc while it was happening. Eventually it stopped and the blue led stayed lit up. I did a battery pull. What the hell just happened?

Advertisement
  2. rossmathis

rossmathis Well-Known Member

Was there an iPhone nearby. Probably trying to warn you to get the hell outta there. :)

Sek0n, dxflip and ckochinsky125 like this.
  3. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

If you swipe down the notification bar it would probably tell you what it was. I'd guess it was an alert of some type. Next time just swipe down the notification bar and hit 'clear', that will turn the LED off.

4. kkwan77

kkwan77 Well-Known Member

I've noticed a blue LED when I got a call from a unknown number.

5. tdse

tdse Well-Known Member

lol ;-)

6. ashykat

Yeah I tried all of that. There was no notification and therefore no clear button. What was odd about it was that it kept vibrating for probably around 20 seconds. The blue LED lights up while I'm receiving a call, but I didn't appear to be receiving a call. As I said I was able to navigate around the screens while it was happening. After the vibrating stopped the LED stayed lit, which is when I did a battery pull to reset everything. Very weird.

7. RickJDS

RickJDS New Member

Did you check your call history to see if it was an incoming call?

8. ashykat

Yeah I checked that too, nada.

9. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

It probably saw that avatar pic of yours... LOL!

10. ashykat

Like I've said before I just really like fruit punch, enough to not care if it stains my chin. I'll still be smiling. :D

11. DOOG9517

DOOG9517 Active Member

I had a wierd issue that may be connected. Somehow, my calls got forwarded to my google voice number, which caused the phone to not ring, and actually none of the notifications worked(sms, mail...). I only found out that my calls were being forwarded after calling Verizon. Funny thing is that I didn't have google voice installed, nor have I ever forwarded my calls. Something messed up!!!!!!

12. syntrix

syntrix Well-Known Member

Open your app drawer.

Open "Email".

This is your "universal inbox", I'll bet you got a facebook message. I get those all the time, just notice the blue light flashing and low and behold!

But there should be something in the notification bar!

13. Gareee

Gareee Well-Known Member

Man, I hate that universal inbox. Is there a setting to sepaeate real emails from facebook messages?

14. ashykat

That was one of the first things I checked and I hadn't gotten a facebook message either! It's crazy. I looked everywhere I could think of that there could be an update. Facebook, twitter, e-mail, g-mail, messages, etc. Nothing ever turned up. As long as it doesn't happen all the time I'll deal but it was really strange.

15. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

This just happened to me. However, I WAS getting an incoming call -- talked to them right after it happened -- but my screen went black and wouldn't stop vibrating. I was able to shut the phone off with the power button. I'm glad I'll be returning this one. Come on replacement phone!

16. Davoo

Davoo Active Member

This happened to me this morning. I have all 3 alarms set up to wake me up in the morning (heavy sleeper). About 10 mins after the first alarm the phone started vibrating and I could not get it to stop. There were no notifications, no calls, nothing. I tried going into alarms and turning all of them off and that did nothing so I held the power button and shut the phone off. Turned it back on and it was fine. Needless to say I was awake when I finally got it to stop vibrating. :)