• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X not recognized by Macbook

gigantic108

Lurker
Jan 16, 2012
My Rooted droid X isn't bing recognized by my macbook. i'm running kernel 2.6.23.9-g34b306d and OS X 10.6.8 I can't enable USB Mass Storage by pullng down the notifications bar- nothing appears, but the phone charges. Ditto on the mac side- the device doesn't appear in the drive window, nor does it appear in system profiler.

the droid x has been buggy for the past few months as well. It often hangs while scroling through my contacts- i have +4k and has recently started randomly opening pages via the browser, often navigating through multiple, random links that I have never visited.
Pulling the battery doesn't solve the USB Mass Storage issue, nor does running permission repairs or restarting the MB.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones