X vs. Iphone

Last Updated:

1. rollbuddha

rollbuddha Member This Topic's Starter

I know I shouldn't be enjoying this as I have many Iphone friends. And I'm sure karma will come back to me, but I wanted to share this funny story.

The day my DX arrived in the mail, I was sitting in a friend's office with a couple Iphone owners. I told them my DX had arrived in the mail and one of them said, "That's great, you're going to love it. But in the back of your mind you're always going to be thinking 'But it's not an Iphone.'" Both of them SWEAR by their iphones.

Flash forward to today when that same friend had to borrow my Verizon phone (which I pointed out to him) because ATT service all throughout the state apparently is down.

Ouch!!

Advertisement
  2. mchung53

mchung53 Well-Known Member

I returned my iphone 4 after 20 days because I kept getting sim card issues, the proximity sensor failed a couple of times, and the last straw was when I tried to update to ios 4.0.1 and the phone bricked itself...DX FTW!

3. Quintessence

Quintessence Well-Known Member

I don't see any slight bias at all in this forum. lol

4. mchung53

Haha I'm only stating what I've experienced ;)

WHEN the phone actually worked it was great...I loved the 'retina' display and the camera was awesome as well. I just never had reception in my office with crappy AT&T

5. Quintessence

I'm only teasing. =P

6. bigbadwulff

bigbadwulff Well-Known Member

The i-phone was a very good 'phone' for quite a while. Was the first real app phone and all that. Had it's share of problems with things it couldn't do but we all owe it a debt of gratitude for what it started........................i think :)

7. DragonMan

DragonMan Member

I owned the iPhone 3G and then bought a 4g. When on vacation I couldn't make calls or get the internet in some areas, but my sister had a Droid X and it worked great. I've since returned the 4g and have had my Droid X for a week. So far I love it. The 2 things I don't really like about the DX is the Music player and the lack of some games I really enjoy on the iPhone. Luckily I still have my old 3G so I can still play them until an android version comes out.

8. Quintessence

I think they are both great phones. Its just AT&T severely gimps phones. Imagine the DX on AT&T. It wouldn't be close to what it is now.

9. mchung53

I want Angry Birds on Android :D

10. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

11. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

So if verizon gets the iphone in january are you going to switch or keep your X? The network was a big reason I switched to verizon. But now that I have been using the X, I think the x is just a better phone than the iphone. I am pretty confident I would keep my X.just curious what you guys think.

12. BigCiX

BigCiX Well-Known Member

i never came around to buying an iphone 4 cause its the same as 3GS with a different body style and a front facing camera.

13. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

Nope on getting an iPhone. I think ppl that are happy with whatever phone they're using wont just up n switch. I did want one the last 2 years.....until I got my Droid...And Apple left a bad taste in my mouth with that whole antenna BS.

14. DrJD

DrJD Well-Known Member

I loved my iPhone the last three years, but now I love the X.

Actually just a day or two ago I had to boot up my iPhone to get a couple pictures off of it, and it is absolutely amazing how small the screen feels now. It would be really, really hard to go back to a 3.5" screen, especially after a year of using the X. I am already counting down the days until the Droid X^2

:)

15. blubill

blubill Well-Known Member

I think the biggest thing to me is the constant patching apple does only to make your jailbreak go away. That and the amount of good apps they turn down just because they conflict with something apple thinks.

The main thing I miss about the iphone is I feel the copy and paste on it is far superior to ours. What's the deal with not being able to copy wording from any web page? Is there an app to make it better? Anyone else think copy and paste is lacking on the droid or is it just me?

16. TMack

TMack Well-Known Member

Having just recently made the decision to jump ship from AT&T and my iPhone 3G, I had to chuckle when I heard that Apple had canned Mark Papermaster, their mobile hardware chief who is obviously being held accountable for the iPhone 4 antenna debacle. I've enjoyed my iPhone most of the time, but AT&T's service is so brutally bad - particularly for a road warrior like me. There was just no way I was signing up for two more years with a phone with known antenna issues. Too bad, because otherwise the iPhone 4 is a pretty sweet device.

Can't wait for my X to get here.

17. joshellis625

joshellis625 Well-Known Member

YES OMG they definitely need to find a way to improve copy and paste. The DX's magnifying glass helped so much (especially because I'm used to the iPhone's magnifying glass) but somebody needs to step up their game on a vital function.

18. FrayAdjacent

FrayAdjacent Well-Known Member

I'd just whip out my Droid, open RingDroid, create a ringtone right there in front of their eyes, set it to their ringtone in my phone book and have them call me.

Then say "do that on your iPhone."

And that's just ONE way in which Android stomps iOS.

19. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

The same OS yes, but it's got a better processor, better screen, better rear camera as well as the addition of the front facing camera, and twice the RAM. I love the hardware...if only it ran Android (or WebOS).