• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

X10 2.1 Update - Discoveries

A lot of people say they prefer the old arc shaped swipe to unlock, it seems more of a natural action when using one hand. Well, you can still use this shape to unlock even though the screen shows a straight across swipe. Try it next time you unlock.
tried the arc movement and worked :) ( running on 2.1, and isntead of swiping "wich takes me 2 times to unlock" works perfectly)
thanks, way more natural movement to the hand

Upvote 0
tried the arc movement and worked :) ( running on 2.1, and isntead of swiping "wich takes me 2 times to unlock" works perfectly)
thanks, way more natural movement to the hand

It seems that as long as you touch the lock first ANY lateral movement to the unlock position will work. I've tried many variations and they worked as long as the lock button was pressed first. I agree that the arc feels more natural and I much preferred that.

Upvote 0
Hey, I got the 2.1 update yesterday. I am in the uk and am on orange.

Ever since my phone got updated googlemail has not been working properly. I can no longer send emails from my phone (it just always says sending...) and my emails are being automatically pushed, I have to refresh it to see if I have any new mail. I set it up the exact same way as I did before... I think.

I use my phone a lot for email so this is a major problem.

Has anybody else had this problem or might know how to fix it?

Thanks.

Upvote 0
It seems that as long as you touch the lock first ANY lateral movement to the unlock position will work. I've tried many variations and they worked as long as the lock button was pressed first. I agree that the arc feels more natural and I much preferred that.

yeah it works but you cant deny that the arc was more original and nice to the eyes!!! thats a cool discoverie, i hope we find more nice discoveries here to come.....

i discovered that my back hardware button is more deep now after the update via xda dev.. i try to restart phone pressing and holding back button maybe 50 times until debrand works now my x10 suffer from that ,I think I use too many strenght , sad but true

when using dolphine browser hd you can switch between tabs with the volume key

Upvote 0
IMO in my opinion the added benefit of silencing your phone with a quick swipe is great improvement on the unlock.

Wish they would come out with a desktop editor for your phone. It's feel kinda bloated with this extra synching... I like redundancy so i sync to both google and Sony... but now all my contacts have multiple instances of the same information all linked to various services... (ie Sony Sync, google, facebook, timescape [oh yeah timescape and facebook?! seriously?])

wish you there was a PC side app so this can all get sorted... but oh wells...

Reactions: TokyoElbow
Upvote 0
well I agree with you , everything has improved and 2.1 has bring lots of good things to x10 , i miss a few sweet things from 1.6, maybe i need to enable them as the icon with 4 arrows in the left down corner in browser has gone it was for zooming a part of the page and then go zoom there , i use it to scroll page down or up faste. I really miss that feature from donut i use it in dolphin browser and now in browser and dolphin b. is losed. any advise?

Hi jackx10,

Whilst in browser, if you double tap the screen, you will zoom into the part of the screen you are tapping on.

Upvote 0
I have a couple of things that I can remember off the top of my head.

When my battery was running out on 1.6, I would change the screen time out to 'Never Time Out' so that that would help to drain my battery. The option of being able to change to Never has been taken away - :(

Not being able to 'exit' out of the browser is annoying - :(

When I put my phone in my pocked I automatically press the power button to put it to sleep, many times I have cut a call off by pressing it. So I am glad that you can now press the power but whilst being on a call without cutting the person off - :)

Upvote 0
:(
Can you not just press the back arrow key?

Alternatively, if you have more than one window open, you can press menu - window and select which window you want to close.

I was also going to ask if the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard have been hidden away anywhere, as they were helpful if I need to amend a txt, but have just discovered if you place the curser in the txt you get the same message in a box below. You can tap and hold in that box and slide the txt left and right to where you want to amend.

Was that on 6.1?

Upvote 0
Ive just updated PC compansion but still it says my phone is Up-to-date...
I have Vodafone as my carrier, so how did you do this. I have updated PC companion as well... :thinking:

Hi ashjnk2010,

I had the same problem when I was upgarding on Orange. When you open PC Companion, go into Support Zone, then just select Start. It should let you upgrade even though it originally stated your phone was up to date

Upvote 0

Alternatively, if you have more than one window open, you can press menu - window and select which window you want to close.

Pressing the back key is not ideal if you have been in 5 or more websites. I am giving your second suggestion a go. I suppose I was just in a habit of being able to exit and it's like all things new, just getting used to change

Upvote 0
:(

I was also going to ask if the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard have been hidden away anywhere, as they were helpful if I need to amend a txt, but have just discovered if you place the curser in the txt you get the same message in a box below. You can tap and hold in that box and slide the txt left and right to where you want to amend.

Was that on 6.1?

I hear android 6.1 is coming out 2011 Q3. But it won't include multi touch.

:D

Upvote 0
FINALLY the ‘missing contacts’ has been sorted.

Backup and Restore as the instruction suggests? Ha! Oh no…. It turns out, all you have to do is go into your google mail account, rewrite them all one-by-one then sync them with your contacts. Brilliant! Thanks Sony. Easy, smart, innovative.

“Android is the future”... Yeah, if you’ve got **** all to do on a Monday afternoon!!!!

*Now where did I put my Blackberry*

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones