X10 2.1 Update - Issues/ProblemsSupport

Last Updated:

1. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member This Topic's Starter

This thread is being opened in anticipation of the upcoming update. (And no I do not have any inside information other than what is publicly available)

Please do not post in here until you have actually run the update.

I will be keeping an eye on it and seeing if we can pull together some common problems and solutions as we go along.

When you post, please tell us what country you are from and what carrier you are with or if you are unlocked/debranded.

Advertisement
  2. rosered

Bump, please do not post til you've got the update!

3. rosered

So today is the day so I am just bumping this to the front page!

4. saffrine

saffrine New Member

i have problem with updating my x10 thru both SEUS and pc companion

in SEUS am on second stage"conecting" it says i skould press and hold backward key and conect my usb cable, but nothing happens and if i press enter it just moves me one step back

in pc companion i get stuck in stage three"updating" i press enter on stage 2 and in stage 3 it just stand still on 0% and nothing happens

any ides what i need to do?

Ameenbensaeed likes this.
  5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Well I can confirm non of the root methods work as of today, so will have to to wait for the xda devs to come up with something.

6. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Bummer!

7. AcidSentance

AcidSentance Active Member

Issues I've found - will update with solutions, more I find or whatever :) (Using Nordic 2.1)

Issues :mad:
    >> I can't figure out how to import my backed up messages from my SD card
    >> Not sure if this is an issue with the firmware or the applications themselves. But it seems with the new social phonebook, contact pictures from FaceBook don't get picked up by other applications/widgets, e.g. SMS Popup/Launcher Pro Contacts widget
    >>
    Default SMS application slows down and chugs like all hell when the 2nd SMS counter appears

Resolved :)
    >> Phonebook Facebook Pairing - names have to be quite similar for the phone to pair it with FaceBook, haven't found anyway to manually do so yet. Slightly annoying as I know a lot of people who's nickname is used more than their real name and I'd prefer it that way in my phonebook :p
    >> LED light will not blink on notifications - started working like 4 hours after I posted this as an issue... go figure

8. rosered

Have you downloaded the 2.1 version of Facebook for Android, I had a feeling that it had functionality to link to contacts but I could be imagining that!

Anyway keeps us informed.

9. manxape

manxape Active Member

My 3g isn't working anymore. Has anyone else had a similiar problem or is there an easy solution for it?

10. X10iUser

Works fine for me. Is your phone an X10a, or have you downloaded the settings for your provider? In the Nordic version it doesn't have the auto select apns settings so I used the sim toolkit to get mine.

11. manxape

manxape Active Member

It's x10i. I got them via my provider - what's the SIM toolkit?

12. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Seems to be very laggy for me :(

13. manxape

manxape Active Member

Well 3G issue aside I agree it is a bit laggy. Suprisingly so. Live wallpapers work well enough and hides the lag somewhat but still it is dissapointing. My mates HTC Desire (which he still hasn't updated to 2.2 even though I have been hassling him) works one hell of a lot better on 2.1 than the X10. Why on earth did SE have to fiddle with the code?! If it ain't broke...

14. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Well I've flashed back to 1.6 now and will re-upgrade to 2.1 when it becomes available in the UK

15. X10iUser

The app in the app draw.
    Was at first for me but I've deleted some stuff and it's much better, but wouldn't say it's brilliant because it has locked up a few times.

16. manxape

manxape Active Member

Right I am obviously missing something blatantly obvious because I can't see it...

Are you talking about the Quick set up? Or maybe the Sony Ericsson option under settings because neither are working for me. They don't load up. I think it is something to do with being located on a rock in the middle of the Irish Sea and my network being recognised or my network recognising the SE request.

Sod it I can't live without 3G I'm downgrading.

17. X10iUser

If you don't have it I'm not sure, I had it in 1.6 and now with the Nordic 2.1.

18. sniperdude

sniperdude Well-Known Member

laggy ..3G problems....seems like this updates is a fail

19. manxape

manxape Active Member

Ahah it appears I was being a tool! I should have downloaded the HSDPA settings from network! It's now working! Still not happy with the laginess but I can live with it until the uk version is released (not that that is gonna make much difference)

20. AcidSentance

AcidSentance Active Member

Yep, I completely forgot about that but I think it sorted itself out anyway. :D Still, I don't think it's possible to import messages backed up to the SD card, if it is, I still haven't figured it out though.

21. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

I can't find anything in sim toolkit to get APN working?

Also, a quick question, when you put te picture frame on the homescreen and click to select an image, it takes you to a really fancy picture viewer that responds to the accelerometer and everything, is there any way to use this as standard?!

22. X10iUser

"Get Settings", right at the bottom.

23. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Weird, mine only has options like travel and entertainment etc :(

edit - managed to get it working by fiddling a bit more with APN settings, HSDPA FTW!!!!

24. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

The widget where in 1.6 you can turn on/off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS and Sound (ringer, vibrate, off) has changed to Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync and Brightness.

I often used the sound button, anyone knows a good widget that can put it in vibrate without having to go in the menus?

25. GS9000

GS9000 Active Member

Using Quadrant, the score of mine was

from 1.6 rooted - 487
    now 2.1 unrooted - 540 (not much speed gained, but maybe after rooting)

I dont see much lag anyway, but comparing my GalaxyS 2.1 with X10i 2.1, the results are far as i get 2200 in GalaxyS.

- on the display brightness, the autodetect is not there anymore, just the slider