X10 after a weekGeneral

Last Updated:

1. LJA

LJA Member This Topic's Starter

Had to get rid of my 4 month old LG eve before I took a sledge hammer to it. Rogers let me HUP early to the X10. After one week I have to say it's the best phone I have ever owned, I updated the firmware, downloaded taskkiller, and have not had one problem with the phone yet, the battery has been fine, the 1st couple days I played with the phone downloading etc, and I still had 60% battery by evening. Also not sure why , but installing taskkiller as a widget seems to keep most of the background stuff from running. When I first installed it as an app there were always 5 or 6 things running that it would kill, now only 1 or 2.

Advertisement
  2. garytheanimal

garytheanimal Well-Known Member

The honeymoon will soon be over, sorry to burst your bubble.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

My son mistakenly chose an LG Eve, omg they are pure evil. It's sitting on the windowledge gathering dust and he's using my old SE C902. Oh well only another 16 months to go til he can get his upgrade. And yes in comparison the X10 is an absolute beauty and despite a lot of people hating it, I love it.

I recently put ADW launcher on it and it has just got better and better. So bah humbug to all its detractors, it works great for me and the niggles are so teensy tiny when you compare them to the dog that was the Eve. Perhaps its a matter of expectations?

4. LJA

rosered

I agree, the people compaining about the x10 should try the Eve for 1 day!!:D

rosered likes this.
  5. northernale1

northernale1 Well-Known Member

i have had mine for 6 weeks,,, better honeymoon then i had with my iphone 3g,,,

so garythewisdom for us all,, when will my honeymoon be over,,,,

6. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I was going to ask the same thing as my honeymoon has been going on for 3 months now.

7. garytheanimal

Hopefully soon so you can have a slice of humble pie to go with your northernale.

I cant say too many bad things about not just this phone but SE in general, you need only read through the many, many posts about all the issues with this P.O.S. handset, its crap, they lie, and i cant wait to get shut of it.

8. northernale1

maybe,, but so far no pie here,,, everything is hunky dory,,,
    dont get me wrong,, i hate sony and most of there products,, but the ps3 IMHO is the best gaming platform out there,, and the x10 is the best android based cell phone i tried,, and I dont care what you or anybody says,, i have no issues,, none whatso ever,, anything i didnt like i customized, it is fast,, screen orientation works awesome,,camera is great,battery life maybe not great,, but no worse then my iphone,, screen quality is awesome,, bluetooth connects immediately in my honda,really only thing i can say they screwed up to general public is MT ,, but i dont care about that i dont game on it,, so to say the phone dont work for all is ludicrous, and just because your phone has your shit in a knot,, try a replacement,,maybe get a canada version,, cause from what i have seen everyone on rogers seems to be finding it a good phone

9. Gavilaaar

Gavilaaar Member

I must say that after having the 5 months of having the phone, I do love it.

The only thing I have against it is that serious developers don't do android which is a pain in the arse but all in good time :)

Apart from that, what a peice of kit! Iphone eat ur heart out. Ur gonna need to, to keep up with the power of the x10!!!!!!!!

10. northernale1

i hope you are prepared to be called a idiot by a minority of posters here as you know how to use this phone without major issues,,,

11. charlyee

charlyee Well-Known Member

This looks to be the perfect thread for my first post and my first Android. I got mine two days back and it has been great so far: )

12. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Granted the phone is a nice design but after a few months of use it's the little things that bug me.

Poor picture quality, unless your in perfect light conditions they come out all grainy and pictures taken at night are awful. Same as video quality granted it's better than the pictures but still not good.

If I'm going out and I know I will be taking pictures or video I will take my 2 year old LG Renoir KC 910 as the picture quality is amazing and it takes better video footage than a HD camcorder I brought for

13. riggsuk

riggsuk Member

Isn't this because Android 1.6 limits the number of colours on the screen? I believe 2.1 fixes this limitation, so we should see this fixed when SE update the OS.

14. powerkiter

Sony have yet to confirm that it will get the 16m colours and reading through their blogs it might not come and if you check out the threads with the Orange dev who posted a video of the X10 running 2.1 he claims the screen and colour gradeiants are the same as on 1.6.

So no it don't look like that upgrade will come with 2.1.

Have a read through the thread about why sony released the X10 with 1.6 on purpose.

15. garytheanimal

I really hope you have a good phone and get no issues with it, i genuinely mean that. Its just that so many people are having problems with it.

If mine wasn't still under warranty i'd crash it and install nothing else than the basic OS needed, no t-mobile UK crap on it for a start. I thought about getting another handset but to be honest it looks as if the same problems are across the board, so its not exclusive to my particular phone. The MT is neither here nor there for me, yes i had it on the iphone and did use it a lot, particularly on the navigation apps, but i'm getting used to it not being there now.

But i have to agree with you on one thing, my 360 hasn't seen the light of day since i got the PS3

16. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

Sorry to say but everything you just posted is speculation at best. There is no point in posting something based on unsubstantiated claims or conjecture.

17. powerkiter

How is it speculation?

It was an official version of 2.1 with the SE ui working on the X10 and the person who posted the video tried to answer as many questions as he could on the thread.

And resolution and colours where some of the questions asked so I'm going by what a dev for Orange has said.

18. LJA

I wonder if the UK models are different, I have 2 friends who got the x10 the minute Rogers released it and neither of them have had any issues, and both of them are young guys who pound the phone all day long, again I have advanced task killer runnubg as a widget and if I go to kill apps there is only 1 running, the odd time 2
    The phone was fully charged yesterday morning and right now at 12:16 pm I have 76% battery left.

I feel sorry for you guy's that are having so many issues, I agree with Northernale1, it seems us Canucks are not having anywhere near the issues that our Brit friends are ( BTW the wife is a Mancunian) :D

19. powerkiter

Odd comment about rogers as most of the complaints in here a month ago where from people on the rogers network :D

As apparently they are really bad for releasing updates.

The reason you only see 1 or 2 apps running is the reason task killers are a mute point on android as the OS self regulates its self lol.

20. LJA

Yes they are bad for updates , I was just making the point that we don't seem to have as many issues with the phone as the uk users, as far as the task killer goes I have read the threads that you don't need one, all I can say is that I had 5 to 8 apps running in the background now I have 1 or 2 and my battery life is far better, I hated my LG Eve , there are people who love it, there is a forum on this board for people who love the X10, as well as who hate it
    Like I said earlier I feel sorry for the people who hate their x10's because of the problems they are having, but every phone,tv,car, etc.. has there lovers and haters......

Peace :)

21. gunner81uk

gunner81uk Member

Had mine nearly 3 months on Orange UK, and can honestly say that I've had no problems whatsever. No incall volume problems, no battery problems. Love the phone.

22. NaplesBill

NaplesBill Well-Known Member

I wasn't referring to just the video comments, I was referring to all comments collectively. I have never put a lot of faith into unofficial postings about device updates and capabilities. These things are often flawed and also often incorrect. How does anyone know how official this update even was? How are you going to take the word of someone saying something without actually showing proof? Did this video do a side by side comparison of the old and new firmware? What version was the new firmware? Were there screenshots of that? Do you have a link to this video?

I take most things with a grain of salt until I see it first hand.

23. sharkhark

sharkhark Well-Known Member

almost 3 weeks in with this thing and it only took less than 5 days for me to agree with you. in fact...the only reason i found this forum and joined was trying to find similar issues to what i was experiencing and possible solutions...apparently taking a hammer to mine is the only solution...doesnt fix the many many shut downs and other problems..but it supposedly does let one get their frustration out:mad:
    this is the worst electronic purchase i have ..ever made..in any category.
    i dont wish problems, just like you said you dont..but i cannot lie....it does not work for me..it doesnt for you...it doesnt for many many people.

24. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

Wow you're a massive downer aren't you, I've had mine for months and I still love it :) if you aren't satisfied with a phone that can emulate a playstation, take 8mp photos, decent video and all the free gadgetry you can ask for and with improvements coming soon then god damn I am glad I don't have to make you dinner

25. powerkiter

It can do all the things you say and it cant do any of them well.

I know the emulators there but you cant play Tekken, Gran Turisimo, Tony Hawks or most of the other top games for the PS1.

OK so I was spoilt with my old LG KC910 as it was voted the best phone for video and picture quality and it was a very high quality and that is why I got the LG and when I upgraded I went with the X10 as it had the highest res lens, but I kinda screwed up there but since the KC910 no other phone came close to it so I jumped into the X10 without testing the visual quality but DID research the phone. Never even heard of Android before, but within a month my gf and 4 other friends went Android.

The Android OS doesn't seem geared towards high quality pictures or video which is a shame as Sony Ericsson have the license for "Walkman" and "Cyber Shot" and they did make some amazing audio or visual phones and I will always praise the SE k750i as being an epic phone when it came out for photo and video. Then I got the LG which blew most camcorders and cameras under