x10 backupSupport

Last Updated:

1. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

All this 2.1 talk and backing up your phone got me thinking. I dont know how to back it up haha. I know there is a pc companion or something like that when you hook up your x10 with the usb port to my laptop. I know basic things like file transfers etc but how do I do a full back up?

I couldnt find a guide on here. sorry. and THANKS!

I see the PCcompanion icon and i see a backup icon. now what?

Advertisement
  2. MrWomble

MrWomble Well-Known Member

Register on appbrain.com and download the app - this will backup all your applications - well, sync to the web so after update all you need to do is download appbrain again, sync up and all apps will re-download

Appsaver saves all your apps to sd card and will also search sd card for apps to install

Use backup and restore to backup your contacts and system settings, text messaging, call logs etc (some issues experienced - sometimes restores same contact multiple times)

Also in phonebook, in menu and more, backup (export?) contacts to SD card

Using any of above advice should fully backup everything on your phone - there was a video explaining the update and that video showed backup being done by the update service - this DID NOT happen when i updated

Hope this helps dude

3. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

kinda helped. I need a google account to sign up for appbrain? I know i have one but i forget what it is. I know i need one to sign into the market originally.

and as for appsaver, it wont download from my phone for some reason. says unsuccessful.

4. Holger_Danske

Holger_Danske Well-Known Member

I didn't like using google either, but it is way better than Sony-Ericsson sync. I used the latter had my contacts and their details wiped clean every two days. Went with Google, and haven't had a single issue with it yet.