x10 battery disasterSupport

Last Updated:

1. the_ahmadzais

the_ahmadzais Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

hello guys i have x10a fw r2ba026 rooted and i install setcpu and i have 2 task killers systempanel and process manager but still i dont see any improvement in my battery life i dont even know what to do. please guys when u read this thread please reply. i went to my battery use and this is the result i got it says 8 hours since unplugged but i unplugged like 13 hours ago i dont know why its saying that please help
    8h 20m 39s since unplugged
    display 72%
    cell standby 8%
    voice calls 6%
    phone idle 5%
    android system 3%
    maps 3%
    browser 2%
    wifi 2%

Advertisement
  2. Gurba

Gurba Well-Known Member

These number only indicate what's using power. Display 72% means that of the power used 72% of it was the screen not that it has used 72% of the battery's juice. :)

3. T3RBO

T3RBO Well-Known Member

If your worried about draining the battery then why run three extra programmes in the background.

Really is no need for all these task killers and cpu apps.

4. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Also, if you restart the handset it counts that as 'plugging in' so you probably turned it off 5 hours after unplugging it.

5. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

My experience is that we are doing too much to the phone to increase battery life. I too had rooted my phone, had set cpu plus taks killers plus juice defender etc etc etc, and found no improvement.

I un-rooted my phone on Monday, upgraded to the 026 firmware and last night after work, after a normal day of using the phone, I only used 30% of my battery life.

I havent once used task killer, but I do open it once in a while to see how many apps are actually open, (and there are alot ;-p) but phone is working spot on now.

Try just letting the phone be itself and see if that doesnt work. Im more than happy with mine now.Charged it again last night and going to put it through its paces today and play all day. Will keep you posted :)

6. the_ahmadzais

@dbnguy please let us know the resluts :) and what do u mean after day of normal using the phone etc 3g on/off . how many calls or text u did and browsing

7. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

rogers thinks the cellphone/battery is defect lol... they're giving me a brand new one tomorrow(today - well under 12h from now)
    how funny is this

8. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

Ok so day one and here are the results:
    Came home today at 6pm and battery life sitting at 50%. Usage today:
    18 phone calls, 30 minutes worth in total
    13 text messages
    3g on all day (Never put it off)
    Data used: 1.5mg
    Browsed the web for appr 15 minutes
    Played on Facebook for a few minutes
    Kept turning on Task Panel to see how many apps where running, but never killed any of them, and had the following apps running in the foreground:
    Free Memory
    Gauge Battery Widget
    To Do List Widget

Overall, Im pretty impressed. As nice as rooting the phone was dont think i benefited enough from it. Think ill probably get about 2 days good usage out of it :)

9. the_ahmadzais

@dbnguy do u know where i can find task panel? ive looked everywhere. do u have the apk?

10. tinkk

tinkk Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure I have battery sussed now :)

Helix launcher default, no icons on original launcher

Advanced task killer, auto kill on all moxier etc and apps I don't use, screen on lowest brightness (never do anything other than text on the go and that's fine with swype)

No timescape, flight mode widget to cut battery usage when I can't answer my phone should I get anything

I've immediately seen a notable boost in battery life and performance, maxing out as over 180mb free ram whereas it peaked at 135 before, also been able to turn up graphics on psx4droid as well as paying for longer! Standby battery or casual use could last me days!

11. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

if you have apps you dont use try startup auditor, it allows you to stop apps launching and running.

I would set it to kill all you dont use and face recognition as it trys to scan all faces whether its a picture from the camera to a picture on a website, dont worry though as it wont let you disable OS apps.

[​IMG]

12. Dbnguy

Dbnguy Well-Known Member

To the_ahmadzais: there we go buddy...

TaskPanel Lite v2.3 Application for Android | Tools

I love this app. Its simple, has a widget to kill all, and easy to use. although I have stopped using it to kill apps now. I just keep checking how many are open (my curiosity always gets the better of me) then when my phone gets laggy, I use it to close a couple of apps that I am not using: IE: Facebook, face recognition, voice dialler etc...

13. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

funny... since they didn't changed my phone/battery yet i decided to restore it to its factory setting and noticed a massive increase in battery life