• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

x10 custom battery cover

Wisenos

Android Enthusiast
Aug 13, 2010
i was thinking of grabbing a 2nd battery cover and have it painted to match my pc ( so a nice "perlecent/metallic" look )
and hey... i might not be the only one who wants that...

what u guys think?
x10, x10 mini, x10 mini pro idc...
i could make them no trouble at all
will only have to check prices of paints / covers
d19146e0-1.jpg

that looks really good.. tempted ;-)
any color you want... just ask and i'll do it (if the paint is aviable around here lol) "yeah i addded if aviable, because i asked Ford to get me the Focus ST electric orange "6FSE" and no dealer in Canada/Usa can have it"

orders will go like this
you send me your cover and money, i paint and then reship (might take a day or 2 to do them, "i'`m so weather dependant" i need to setup my heated box for winter time, and i have a job too :p )
also depending on pattern, might take a lil longer, because i will be working with vinyl too

so if you want a carbonfiber look... i'll have it :)

Upvote 0
How come you cant that paint out there???

Will you be adding any protection to the paint to stop it from chipping or scratching?

Was thinking of getting some carbon effect vinyl to cover the back of the phone to pimp it a bit.

i can't have european colors i don't know why :(... was about to order them enough to paint 3 cars but...
and i'll add about 4-5 layers of clearcoat "for a shiny finish" (using duplicolor high performance wheel paint - what i used on my actual wheels - took over a year to see chips on them but they don't have a single scratch with 4 layers)

so if a wheel can live that long without any chips and scratches, a cellphone could live over 5 yrs like that

pics of my wheels
went from
100_4505.jpg

to
000_0210.jpg

in about 12h
------------
and today they still looks like
100_6468.jpg

Upvote 0
so if you have any other question i'll get the info if i don't know and get you back with :)
also if you want a decal over the paint it can be possible...

or another though (instead of you sending me the cover and me send you back, if we can save a shipping cost)
you send me $$ via paypal
i order the cover, paint/sticks decal, clear then send it to you
i also can do for other phones (any removable back cover)
**edit**
2 weeks test on uncleared cover results (normal use "in rear pocket" from day 1 (gave it about 8-10h to dry "not enough lol")
435f8620.jpg

a02f5410.jpg

Upvote 0
well, i know i just resurected a 6 month old thread but
wanted to show some of my paintjob

100_4442.jpg

Valve cover

100_4909-1.jpg

trunk

7522a9fd.jpg

the complete bodykit (with help of the owner of the car)

88b9f576-1.jpg

those taillights

100_4254.jpg

stereo bezel

DSC05200.jpg

headlight tint

100_4721-1.jpg

my own headlight
--------
most of the jobs are done without any clearcoat over them

Upvote 0
was just stating that the photoshopped ones seemed to be better finish than the sparkle one lol

thats the trouble with digital colour

always look better

true but actual pictures doesn't give the same as seeing with your own eyes :p

and MrWomble i'm so confident of my work that i'll make yours free (still need shipping charge lol... if you like you pay, if not, send it back and i'll redo)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones