X10 email issueSupport

Last Updated:

1. ponickka

ponickka Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all,

still a newb in the forum, been navigatin through it but still can't seem to find the answer to my questions, so i was hoping someone with more knowledge can help me out.

i am currently using a x10i (x10?) on tmobile, i have the data plan ($10), and have my email connected via gmail. however, it seems like i have to do manual refresh in order to get email update. Is this normal or is there automatic feature that i must enable to have it alert me once an email is received?

Secondly, is it possible to set-up a third party email account, ex: Yahoo? I went through the notion of manually enter email account, but was unsucessful. It give me a msg that mailbox access is not supported for some tpes of yahoo mail accounts. Could this be an interference with gmail email, thus causing the problem? Even, using the manually setup option, it still fails to connect to my yahoo account.

i would greatly appreciate it if anyone of you can guide me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

download a free app called maildroid - MailDroid | AndroidApplications.com
    available here.

this will auto update multiple email accounts for you, i use it with an IMAP work email and Hotmail. Very good and easy to use.

3. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Hi.

It should be automatic...

Settings - Data Syncronisation - Gmail

...mine come through as soon as I connect to wifi or 3G.

4. ponickka

i did a test email and notice that it doesn't auto update. I have to go in Gmail, then click on refresh....then the email prompts up

5. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

Have you been into settings? I've just done a test too and there was about a 10 second delay using my data connection before it came through on my phone.

arkangeluk likes this.
  6. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member

Mine has a 5-10 seconds delay, so I think you may need to change the notification settings for Gmail :)

As for the 3rd party email accounts...Just open the app drawer and open 'Email' :)

7. ponickka

where do i open the app drawer ?

Btw, thanks fo the "setting" tip, it worked! so glad everything is working good now

i just need my yahoo account sync with phone.

8. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tip X10iUser, I used to need to manually refresh to get new emails, I didn't realise I didn't have the sync google ticked. Just need to test it myself or wait to get new email
    Ric

9. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Well-Known Member

Does anyone know if I can set a separate alert for my email, mp3 maybe. My call, text and even twitter alerts are different. I would like to know if its a text even if its in my pocket. Thanks

Sorry that should be email even if its in my pocket

Just found the right setting, now all I need is to pick the right song lol

10. ponickka

The yahoo email is still giving me trouble. Anyone having the same problem? I can't set up my yahoo account. STRANGE? or Common?

11. richx10

richx10 New Member

I have a Yahoo.ca account, wasn't working unless forwarded to gmail (something I did not wanted to do). Maildroid fixed the problem in no time, it's free you can find in the Appmarket