• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help x10 GPS problems after upgrade

Ajay13

Lurker
Nov 14, 2011
So I've had the x10 since December, and the GPS was always amazingly fast and accurate. Then yesterday I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 and it stopped working altogether along with most of my apps and it was crazy slow.
Sooo today I figured out how to graduate to 2.3.3 and it fixed every problem except for the GPS. I used to use google sky to locate planets and now I may as well be on Mars according to the GPS.
I've read a bunch of stuff on the internet about it but nothing solid has come up for a solution. Thoughts?

So I've had the x10 since December, and the GPS was always amazingly fast and accurate. Then yesterday I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 and it stopped working altogether along with most of my apps and it was crazy slow.
Sooo today I figured out how to graduate to 2.3.3 and it fixed every problem except for the GPS. I used to use google sky to locate planets and now I may as well be on Mars according to the GPS.
I've read a bunch of stuff on the internet about it but nothing solid has come up for a solution. Thoughts?

You did use PC Companion to update?

And I hope that you have backed everything up and did try and do a Factory reset? First step...do a factory reset now on 2.3. It will remove all apps and reset the phone.

Have you tried downloading any other GPS apps or GPS testing apps?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones