X10 Half a day for Battery Life? is this normal?Support

Last Updated:

1. andione1983

andione1983 Member This Topic's Starter

X10 Half a day for Battery Life? is this normal? I love the phone but the battery life is driving me crazy? am i doing something wrong? im lucky to get 4-5 hours out of the thing. What about you? I am interested to hear your life of Battery?

Advertisement
  2. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

The battery gets better with time discharge it fully a few times.

Use a task killer, I tested going without one as some people have claimed you don't need one because android does it all itself but I found my battery got run down very fast without one I tested it for 2 days and I had to charge it 3 times.
    REMEMBER! to add tasks like alarm clocks, battery meters and clocks to the ignore list otherwise you might not wake up in the morning as I found out the hard way.

Turn off wifi, bluetooth, 3G apn and GPS unless you are using it, I don't use timescape so I'm not worried about getting updates etc if you want to us it get a program called juice defender it'll turn on your 3G in intervals to update.

Turning down your screen brightness helps, I use a app called quick settings (it's free) to turn it down and turning off the other things I mentioned before. In bright sunlight you can see pretty well at 50% brightness indoors I have it set to 0%

You can also use a new home screen replacement, I use Zeam but others are Helix launcher and ADW although I tried ADW and I found it wasn't as good on battery as Zeam or Helix. I would take Zeam over Helix but that's down to personnel preference and Zeam has more updates.
    If you do install a new home screen the first time you use it when you press the home button (the middle one) it'll ask you which action would you like to use, tick the always use that option box and select your new home screen app. You can change it back by going to android settings>apps>the home launcher and clearing defaults on that app.

I've found my battery lasts about 2-3 days of moderate use.

3. tracey1987

tracey1987 Member

My battery will last pretty much all day depending what i'm using it for. I read somewhere that if you charge it right up and then drain it completely before charging again and do this about 5 times that it improves the battery. Seemed to work with mine. Also down load an app called Juice Defender, its free and really helps save battery

4. huntleth

huntleth Well-Known Member

Juice defender is brilliant, I'm a fairly heavy user and on average it increases my battery life by 1.75 or so, more for less frequent users.

Also, as it is a Li-Po battery, it's actually a myth that fully discharging is any better for the battery, it used to be true but not any more, just charge it as much as you can and after a few days you should notice a difference.

5. andione1983

ok, abit of playing around, i have installed JUICE DEFENDER(FULL VERSION), and ADVANCED TASK MANAGER (which i have set up to auto kill background programs that are not used every 30 minutes) also STARTUP AUDITOR (which i can kill programs that start-up on reboot). My battery already apprears to have doubled its capacity, also diabling wifi, etc has helped... will keep you posted on my performance over the next couple of days.

6. werthers

In my experience I found startup auditor to not make much difference since you have a task manager already

7. Peg Basher

Peg Basher New Member

I have had my x10i for 4 months, the 1st few days, the battery barely lasted a day, but as others have said, it gets better after a few charges.

I was recommended and installed juice defender and ES Task manager (both free from the market), to me they have both been a success, my battery is lasting 3, sometimes 4 days now, with browsing, a few calls and quite a few texts.

8. metcard

metcard Member

Check to make sure that your phone is sleeping when not in use.
    on the dialer press;
    *#*#4636#*#*
    select battery history. if the running time says 100% then a program on your phone is preventing your phone from sleeping.
    Normally, as soon as the screen shuts off the phone should go into sleep mode (unless you are listening to music or something).

Bexy likes this.
  9. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

Yes that is pretty much normal, however it gets slightly better over time.

10. andione1983

Metcard^^ i looked at my battery running time, its 100% so how do i know or find out whats causing it to run when screen goes of?? is there any easy way to find out?

11. werthers

I think 3G watchdog does it otherwise if you don't have that then i'm not sure

12. Stuu

Stuu Well-Known Member

You may want to turn of "background data". It has worked for me. Go to settings, Data Synchronisation, Google Sync, And turn off "background data. It works well! even a message appears once you untick it. Saying:

"disabling background data saves battery and lowers data usage. Some applications may still use background data connection"

And battery life has improved big time.

But android market needs this to work. But when you go into the market, it tells you that it needs to be turned on, but once you have finished in the market, Just turn it back of again!

Hope this helps

13. metcard

metcard Member

I'm not 100% sure how to find out what program prevents your phone from sleeping. But as mentioned, 3G watchdog tends to prevent the X10 from going to sleep.
    My X10 would drain the battery quicker in idle than when in use when I had 3G watchdog, after removing 3g watchdog the phone will drain less than 1% per hour on standby.
    There is a thread on these forums explaining the issue and a list of potential other programs which cause the x10 to not sleep.

14. cwepruk

cwepruk Well-Known Member

I have yet to get two days out of it. If I leave it overnight, the absolute best I'll get in 15-30% in the morning, assuming I didn't use it much during the day. By most days, with light to moderate use, I'm at 30-40% at the end of the day and that isn't very good.

I just bought the 1800 mA Mugen battery so I'll see how that goes.