X10 has proximity sensor??Support

Last Updated:

1. waleed786

waleed786 Member This Topic's Starter

It says everywhere that it does, but my screen never turns off when its close to my face. The black thing next to the earpiece should be the sensor, why doesn't it work? Does it have something to do with android 1.6 not supporting it?

Advertisement
  2. davethorp

davethorp Well-Known Member

Seems to work for me, if I'm on a call it requires a double tap to unlock the screen which I guess is what the proximity sensor is doing

3. waleed786

waleed786 Member This Topic's Starter

no, thats just the phone. Proximity sensor is when it turns off automatically when it gets near your face (or anything else)

4. tracey1987

tracey1987 Member

The sensor only switches the screen off after the normal time out period and then switches it bck on when u move it from your face. The longer ur timeout delay, the longer it will take for the sensor to turn off. Nowhere near as good as iphone

5. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

The sensor is between the earpiece and the flashing LED, you can see it if you shine a light on it, It works great on my X10, when I get a call or go to end a call and move the phone away from my face it pops up with the End Call Button. It is not as quick as my LG Eve but to me everyphone is going to different.

6. jonnie

jonnie Active Member

As above, mines the same and once you move away from your face, screen lights back up.

7. cvchetan

cvchetan New Member

well every manufacturer has their own way of implementing their hardware.
    in the x10 the proximity sensor does not turn the screen of but stops it from registering touch inputs. try to disconnect the call by keepin the finger over the sensor and u'll see tht it wil not work.
    this is sony's way..

8. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

I have tested mine again and still the same works great, if you are having issues with it I would suggest calling Sony or back it up and try a Factory Reset for if Sony cannot resolve it within a few minutes or after escalating it they always suggest the reset to make sure it isn't a software bug.

9. oct_7

oct_7 Member

I thought the proximity sensor is to disable the touchscreen when on call? I brought up the dial pad during a call, however, when I put the phone back to my ear, the numbers were activated.

10. Busha

Busha Well-Known Member

Yes but it would be far more better that it turns screen off imediately like iPhone and that way it saves the battery...no one needs screen ON when the phone is on your ear...it is very stupid for SE that it thinks that way...they think like robots and Apple is thinking like human and makes their devices for human...