X10 Headset Issue - Problem or the Norm?Support

Last Updated:

1. mdavies1983

mdavies1983 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I've had my X10 for around a month now and the biggest problem for me so far has been the standard headphones that come with it. I'm a keen runner but I find that the headphones just don't fit correctly and end up falling out when running.

I figured this was easy enough to sort, but when I try any other standard headphones (such as ones from the iPhone) the music is then distorted. Have Sony done this on purpose so that we have to use the standard headphones? I also noticed that if I use the headphones on my laptop, the sound is again distorted.

Is this a fault with the X10/Headphones, or does everyone experience the same thing?

I'm contemplating buying the Sony MH700 headphones in the hope that because they're made by Sony they'll work, but at

Advertisement
  2. werthers

werthers Well-Known Member

Sounds like a problem with your X10 I'm using non sony headphones and they work fine

3. saltorio

saltorio Well-Known Member

I've used both the supplied headphones, as well as several pairs of other headphones I have and they all sound fine. Doesn't seem to matter whether they are plugged directly into the X10, or through the mic dongle.

I will say that my fianc

4. Sarky1

Sarky1 Member

Same problem here mate, I think what you will find is that iphone headphones have more than 3 terminals on there where as ipods don't. (One for the mic...)

I'm using the sonys right now and am yet to try using another set until I find one around.

5. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

i bought a pair of ear phones from eBay and tried them in my phone an the sound quality was awfull. i had to keep the on/off button pressed while i listened to the music and that shouldnt be the case. the ear phones are not defected because they work perfecty fine in my ipod??? any sugggestions?

6. bigx5murf

bigx5murf Well-Known Member

I'm having this same problem with my klipsch image s2m headphones w/ mic. If I hold down the talk button, the music sounds great, but once I let go, it gets distorted, with tinny vocals.

Right now I'm using the shirt clip on the head phones to hold down the talk button, which is pretty much taken away the headphone's ability to take calls.

Has anyone found a fix for this yet?

7. pyromatic18

pyromatic18 Well-Known Member

People you need to remember that headphone jack is 3.5mm so it will sound distorted if the headphones you plug in our less then that!

8. beau420

beau420 Well-Known Member

Try and plug the Sony Ericsson headphones into your computer and the same thing happens.

It is a hardware issue....that is to say it was designed that way. I do not think that the klipsch are designed the same way.

I wonder what something like this does....or if it works:

Seidio Headphone Mic Adapter (3.5mm to 3.5mm) - Android Audio Adapters - Android Central Store

Here are the list of supported headphones -

Sony Ericsson - Products - Extras - Musicacc

Here is what some dude said on the sony website -

Main: xperia x10 headphones jack

9. spikeithard

spikeithard Well-Known Member

im not a fan of the stock SE earphones.. they fall out easily when just driving.. i got some foam for them and it helps a bit. i think maybe my ears are odd shaped lol

10. flukeone

flukeone Member

i'm using shure iem's with no problem. i did have distorted sound using earphones from a samsung galaxy s though

11. rogem_kk

rogem_kk Well-Known Member

OK, I am pretty sure you have to use the MIC dongle that came with the phone for other headphones to work properly. I have tested many and never had an issue.

12. vectoredzev

vectoredzev New Member

Yes. this works. but then you end up with 8 feet of headphone cables zig zagging from your head to your pocket. Which is not "portable" as it should be.

Simple answer for the issue. Sony does things their way, while everyone else caters to the iPhone industry.

Headphones w/ mics have a male plug that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

The iPhone is arranged like this:
    [​IMG]

While the SE headphones are made like this:
    [​IMG]

Pressing the answer button on the headset connects rings 3 & 4 on both headsets. (Which, in effect is the same as a listening only headset.)

I knew this, and buying a set online that werent iPhone specific, hoped for the best, and was denied the pleasure of listening to music on my x10.

Good luck to you all, finding compatible headphones for this is difficult, cause no one lists their connectors ont he site. DO NOT get ones that say compatible with iphone or ipod touch.

enjoy

source: Headsets, Headphones, Handsfree - pinouts of mobile phones and other equipment @ pinoutsguide.com

13. Merolas

Merolas Well-Known Member

i tried iphone and copycats of iphone head sets and it was always distorded, untill i found that Panasonic headsets just worked fine and they are pretty cheap.

14. jhnelo

jhnelo Well-Known Member

i use home an bargains own headphones only cost a few quid and work a treat. they suck to your ear while running and dont fall out even with sweat. good sound quality too. i bought a pair off ebay and had to hold down the on/off button on the mic to make the music sound clear.

15. mr_esmit

mr_esmit Well-Known Member

I use the sony OEM headphones n my computer, the trick is not to plug them in all the way becaus e of the configuration of the rings. As for the earbuds falling out, I bought innovelis budfits. Check those out. For running and the gym, they wok great.

16. Mattyxperia10i

Mattyxperia10i Member

You probably hav louse wires in ur earphones

17. Sacrin

Sacrin New Member

Here is an idea: search for "sony headphone adapter" on your favorite online bidding site.

18. Armor Biff

Armor Biff New Member

I have a similar problem. I'm unable to connect my Bluetooth headset with the phone, while it works perfectly with my old Nokia N95 8GB. :(

19. mart123

mart123 Member

I know this thread is long since dead, but it ranks high on Google searches for this issue, so...

This seems to be just the ticket (available for a fiver from Amazon)...

Non-Samsung headphones with mic not working with Galaxy S?

Edit: yes the article is on a Samsung specific blog, but from what I can gather the problem (and therefore fix) is the same as with Xperia phones.