X10 help.. keyboard + MMSSupport

Last Updated:

1. ponickka

ponickka Member This Topic's Starter

Just got the X10, loving the phone so far but i am having a few problems with it and was hoping that someone can help me. Before creating this thread, i did try using the search option, but there was just too much information provided, i look through multiple pages and still didn't the answer.

So here is my questions;

-Does the phone have a T9 keyboard option

-I have tmobile; and i can't seem to receive MMS, even after clicking the download button, nothin appears. Is there a special set-up that needs to be done? is there any "cheat-sheet" available?

Thanks for all the help! I am new to the android system and have no knowledge of it.

Advertisement
  2. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

The other thing you can try re the MMS is text Fix Me to 150 and tmobile send back your settings so that when you open the message it runs something that updates your phone.

Any plus 1 on the XDA keyboard. I use the T9 version most of the time, but it auto rotates to qwerty when you turn the phone so if you are putting in something like a password its easier and more accurate.

4. Jcbpnl

Jcbpnl Active Member

As far as the TMobile settings go, make sure they match up with this

Name: Whatever you want to call it
    APN: epc.tmobile.com
    The rests are blank (not set) until you get to MMSC.
    MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
    MMS proxy & port are <not set>
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 260
    APN type: <not set>

I found that here. I can't verify if it will work for you or not as I am an ATT customer.

5. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Good point to clarify... Tmobile UK or USA. My advice is for UK but looking at all the settings they are different from above post which is for USA.

6. Jcbpnl

Jcbpnl Active Member

This is true.

Code (Text):
    1. T-Mobile Uk APN settings:
    3. Name: TMobile GPRS
    4. APN: general.t-mobile.uk
    5. Username: user
    6. Password: wap - If you have problems using the browser, change this to pass
    8. The rest can be left blank
    Found the above from the same thread as the last one, one post down.

7. ponickka

ponickka Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you! Anyone have luck with this on current US Tmobile network?

8. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Welcome. I am going to provide some info to you and maybe some will be redundant, but it is all meant to help you. With that being said, here we go:

You may find out that you will NOT be able to get that keyboard or any keyboard, matter a fact, unless you get it through the Market Place (I purchased and use the Smart Keyboard Pro, very nice, but there are others as well, which are FREE and some that are also FREE, but have a brother (or Sister if you prefer) with more options at a price, usually a buck or two, not to mention you are supporting the person who designed it, only fair IMO). The reason for this is all due to AT&T! Yes AT&T has turned off any and all Sideloading of Apps (This is when you try, unsuccessfully, to get an App with the .APK ending). The ONLY work around on this is to ROOT your phone! HOWEVER, I must state that it can be dangerous to do so if you are at all unaware of it and more importantly, how to do it properly. ROOTING your NEW phone will "VOID" your warranty, let me say that again as it merits repeating, ROOTING YOUR NEW PHONE WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY! OK, you have been warned. Of course if you root and find it needs service, you can unroot the phone and that SHOULD get your phone back under warranty, Key Word, SHOULD. Now if you ROOT and your phone bricks and you are unable to unroot and need to send it to AT&T for repairs, you may find yourself up that Proverbial Creek with not a paddle to be found.

Understand that there are 2 versions of the X10. The X10i is for outside the USA and the X10a for inside the USA (AT&T). So when you are reading the forums, before you proceed with any "new" advice, always check to see what phone they are referring to. It is best to clarify opposed to guessing, and trust me, they will understand your question...

Good Luck!