X10 just stopped receiving 3G and data???Support

Last Updated:

1. chrisrucci

chrisrucci New Member This Topic's Starter

X10 on AT&T in US

Been working fine for about 2 months with data, MMS and 3G in (North Carolina)
    3 POP accounts and 1 Exchange account all sync'd up and working.

Then, on Sat at around 7:30pm I realized the phone was no longer getting emails (Outlook was chiming away but phone on desk eerily quite)

Picked it up and noticed 3G indicator wasn't there.

Recycled power - No change
    Updated firmware to R2BA020 - No change

The APN settings are correct and haven't been changed since working.
    AT&T Unlimited data plan is in good standing.

So, although nothing has changed, I can no longer get any data (email/web/facebook/etc.) nor can I send or receive MMS.

All of these work if I turn WiFi on but not over the cell network.

Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Have you got another phone you can put your sim in, maybe a friends? And use the same settings, see if it works on theirs/the second phone. And vice versa, see if a different sim can connect to 3G in the X10.

I actually had to send my X10 back as it kept losing signal - kept saying No Service, and wouldn't always connect to 3G. The first time it happened, turning it off and back on worked, enabling and disabling AirPlane mode also worked. But the last time it did it, nothing worked :(. My phone was also saying No Sim card inserted as well though at certain times. I believe it did the last time I had the issue, when I decided it was faulty. You can still make and receive calls yeah? And send standard messages?

If so, I'd try what I suggested first, another sim in the phone and/or your sim in another phone, to identify if it's just the sim, or if it's the phone. Or if theres a problem with that sim in that phone.

3. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

I had a similiar issue with my X10 on Rogers here in Canada. Had the phone for about 3 weeks and then it just started dropping the 3g altogether. Most notably when the phone was shut off and then turned back on. The only way I could get it back was to do a factory reset....not fun. Mine was replaced by Rogers as they determined that it was a defective unit. On the last day of the 30 day direct replacement I might add. You could take a look at your APN settings and make sure everything is as it should be there. Also is your phone running the latest firmware? Is your phone rooted? If not you could explore those ideas. Just a thought. Google, data APN settings, for your carrier.

I would try in this order: Hard reset, Factory reset, Root (root is really just like doing a factory reset in this case but it will change your firmware and give you the autodetect option) Or depending on your carrier you could hagle them for a replacement.....after you jump through hoops for them first.

Also as stated above your SIM card could be the issue, but if it is the sim that came with the phone its unlikely. Older sim's have trouble connecting to 3g signal so if its from an older phone try a new one.

4. chrisrucci

Thanks for the input.
    I'm using a Rogers branded phone on AT&T in the US.
    I've tried the Hard reset but no joy.

I'm gonna see if I can talk AT&T into giving me a new sim card.

I'll let ya know what I find.

Really sux having a $600 phone that can only talk and text on :(

5. chrisrucci

Update: took the sim card out and put it in my "old" Nokia N97 and got 3.5G indicator and web worked.

Must be the X10 hardware issue?

6. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i been having this same issue lately sometimes it doesnt pick up 3g. i noticed it starting after i did the firmware update. can anyone post alink to the se mms settings. i cant seem to find it anymore

7. aodmisery

aodmisery Well-Known Member

i was having problems today with no 3g and it wasnt reading my sim card either i put in another sim card and it didnt read it either. so i went to att and asked for a new sim card they gave me a new one and my phone works again like new

8. jack frost

jack frost Member

wow, what a strange problem. I just flew from Vancouver to Chicago and my phone (rogers) wouldn't pick up 3g or any other signal. I read this thread, popped out the battery and it worked all of a sudden.

9. johndub71

johndub71 Member

I got the dropping signal too, straight outta the box, except mine want to attach to a weak 3 g instead of a strong 2g

10. Android.RitchieD

Android.RitchieD New Member

I'm starting to have a similar problem. I've had my X10 for over 4 months no problems. A few weeks back, I upgraded the firm ware. Still okay, infact faster.

However the last few days, I keep losing 3g. A power off/on fixes it for a few hours.