x10 keyboard?

Last Updated:

1. liam462605

liam462605 New Member This Topic's Starter

I have no idea about technical parts of the phones, i was just wondering - can you download an app which changes the keyboard?

Sorry if its a stupid question but like i said - no idea about how phones actually work. Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

Dude this is hardly root or developement related and should not be posted here. If you had done any searching at all you would have easily found many topics related to this question with a variety of possible solutions. Search on this site is pretty good so give it a shot next time before posting.

3. h0odlam

h0odlam Well-Known Member

wrong section but the app your looking for is called Better Keyboard :D

4. TheManWithAPlan

TheManWithAPlan Well-Known Member

Try swype.. its just amazing!!

5. RAND0M1ZER

RAND0M1ZER Well-Known Member

I go back and forth between swype and htc keyboard

6. theXeffect

theXeffect Member

clockwork58 likes this.
  7. biker74

biker74 Well-Known Member Contributor

For gods sake. So a post was posted in the wrong section, big woop. If you have such an issue on posting in the wrong section perhaps you should have contacted a moderator and have them move it instead of belittling a member who may be new to forums and just looking for a helpful tip.

tiggerlator, mellie and RAND0M1ZER like this.
  8. Brunswick

Brunswick Active Member

biker74 I wasn't the slightest bit rude about what I posted and it had nothing to do with you so I don't know what your problem is. Just suggested the search. Lighten up.

9. CuE_32

CuE_32 Member

I normally use Better Keyboard but recently tried Smart Keyboard. Pretty good... feels like the iPhone Keyboard and is actually pretty smart in terms of spell correction.

10. Mitek

Mitek Well-Known Member

Whats the major difference between keyboards? Like Better Keyboard and xperia keyboard. Also i heard swype was a burden to use.

11. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Swypes fun at first but, I couldn't use it as my main keyboard.

I personally haven't used Better Keyboard or Smart keyboard but, I did download a HTC keyboard and installed it. It's idk, just different. The default X10 keyboard for example, gives you two rows of suggested words and you need to hit the numbers button to enter a number and then back to letters. Where as the HTC one I have installed, it has one row of suggested words and is easy to add words or ignore the suggested word. Also with HTC phones/keyboards, you can, for example holding the Q key will give you the option of entering 1. You can also switch to number mode and back but, I personally find the HTC keyboard better for my needs and just hold the button to get a number then continue, instead of switching backwards and forwards.

12. Mitek

Mitek Well-Known Member

I got better keyboard and i gota say its better than the default xperia x10 keyboard. More accurate, and i can type faster on it without glitching up. The only thing i didnt really like was that it didnt have the arrow keys to move around the text in case you made a mistake.

13. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Yeah that's the one thing I miss by using the HTC keyboard but, I do prefer it so, it's worth it imo :). Also I tended to hit the arrow keys by mistake on the X10 keyboard so, at least I can't do that now :p.

14. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Speaking of the arrows, when I had the default Xperia keyboard and went back to make a change, when I hit the "right" arrow sometimes it puts a circle (not an "O" nor a zero) instead of actually going right.

Anyone else had that problem? The HTC Keyboard doesn't do that but doesn't have arrows...! Me too, it's the only thing I miss from the standard keyboard as I have large fingers and it's hard to move to a specific place.

15. radmac

radmac Member

as for the arrows, if you have the htc keyboard installed, you can get the volume keys (on the side on the phone) to be used to go left or right. search in settings.

16. Bexy

Bexy Well-Known Member

Yeah I got that problem too sometimes bingoringo, really irritating. Which is why I use the htc mod keyboard :p.

And now im off to look in the settings, thanks radmac :).