x10 mini Browser branding?Support

Last Updated:

1. Huntres

Huntres New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi Guys,
    I just got my mini pro by post today, but must admit that Im frustrated and swearing like a sailor!

my phone is apparently branded by the carrier, and when I go onto my browser, the startpage is from this carrier.

I cant figure out if this is something I can change? have deleted all the carrier book marks, but the startpage stays... GRRRR...

Anyone with a clue how I can change it?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

I think its Menu>Sony Ericsson>Browser and you should have an option to set your home page.

I only have the large X10 so I am going by the mini user manual.

3. Huntres

Huntres New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi,
    Thanks for you reply. but unfortunately I cant find the option inside the browser... I dont know, maybe they have removed the setting to annoy me :p
    I have made a shortcut to google on my homescreen and moved the browser button to the waaay back of the menu. but would ofcourse rather want it to work right from the beginning.

but thanks mate :rolleyes:

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Ah you are discovering the world of the Android/SE/Carrier work around. Well done!

My carrier has put its own browser on there so in my app drawer I have two icons for Browser, neither of which I can delete. Happy days! My work around was to move over to ADW launcher and you can modify your app drawer to only show the apps you want to see. So bye bye extra browser, moxier mails 5 icons, quadrapop, top apps (cos again Tmobile UK decided I needed another way to get onto the Android market that is already on my phone) and some other crap that I will never use.

Anyway, glad you have found a way even if its not perfect.