X10 mini (non pro) potential buyer, a few questionsGeneral

Last Updated:

1. colpolite

colpolite Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Guys, looking to purchase the x10 mini 88 grams (non pro) because of its size/weight and design and i've got a couple of questions before i pull the trigger

A. Is the firmware update ( 1.6 to 2.1 ) anytime soon? Will it finally support bluetooth file transfer sending/receiving music/picture/ without using a software application?

B. Is there an offline mode on x10 mini so you can save battery while listening to mp3/watching vids or using gps nav?

C. Can X10 mini use gps without using internet data by preloading maps on the memory card? If i don't like to use Google maps, are there any gps
    voice guided turn by turn navigation that is fully compatible with this phone that i could purchase Ex: TomTom, Garming, WisePilot?

D. Is this phone in any carrier in the United States? Reason I'm askin this is because i don't want to buy a branded subsidized phone. I'd rather buy a fresh unlocked/unbranded one. Any reputable online store/dealer that you guys can hook me up with?

Advertisement
  2. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

Hello and Welcome to the Forum. I have an X10 large but I will answer the questions that are generic and hopefully others can add in their experience of the mini's.

Hope some of the above helped.

3. Michaela

Michaela New Member

Any One Know How To Transfer Music To Other Mobiles Through Bluetooth ?

4. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

If you don't have the 2.1 upgrade yet then download an app from the Android Market called Bluetooth File Transfer, you can then use your phone to browse the other device and use the edit, copy and paste function to bring them onto your phone.

I am not so sure on the update tho, as I don't have it yet so haven't had a chance to play with it.

5. beppefusilli

beppefusilli New Member

I have the x10 mini, with Android 2.1 and used the Bluetooth to transfer music from one phone to another. Simply, you need to scan devices and pair with the your x10 mini with the other device and then you can send music files (and other files too) to the other device. I use ES File Explorer to access all my files, and it works very well.

Hope this helps