• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help X10 Mini Pro - Factory Reset

Maccattack

Nov 17, 2010
UK
I have a question about the Factory reset on the X10 Mini Pro - How much does it get rid of?

I realise it will erase all downloaded apps etc but will it also do anything to my Contacts or anything like that?

Will it remove all data of anything i've downloaded and then removed?

I only ask as i've tried quite a few apps and not liked them so uninstalled them, will a factory reset remove all that data too which should make it run quicker? Also, think it was quicker before i updated (still on 1.6) so that would be a bonus too.

Anyone able to advise on any of the above points?

it will remove contacts,but if theyre on you simcard,you can reload them after the reset.all downloaded apps will be deleted(unfortunatly not the preinstalled ones though).
it will also clean out any data from removed apps.the version number will remain the same though(so if your on 2.1-it wont go back to 1.6)

Upvote 0
x10 mini pro with only a few stable apps installed after I got the phone. replaced 2mb SD that came with new phone with16mb kingston SD. When I downloaded my music via PC companion or by drag and drop with device as usb i had playback problems; skipping between different songs and the phone also started freezing around the same time and showing 'force close or wait' option. would also shut down without warning and require battery to be removed then replaced before on button could be used to restart phone. ALSO, when i take photos they appear ok on phone display but are blocked when shown on computer screen. is this a file format or transfer issue with music or photos. need a little guidance, vendor tech assist told me to factory reset before we look for other potential sources of problems.
information on what the problems and solutions are would be greatly appreciated

cheers

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones