X10 Mini pro takes too long to start upGeneral

Last Updated:

1. nithinthomas91

nithinthomas91 New Member This Topic's Starter

I know that there's another similar thread, but,please trust me. My problem Different. I have an x10 mini pro. Whenever i switch it off and turn it back on, it doesn't turn on.

When i hold the power button, It just vibrates once and the screen remains blank. I dont get any flashing red lights. It just vibrates and nothing happens. I did this several times and formore than an hour once.

After nothing happend, ijust gave up andwent to sleep. i woke up after an hour so, to find that it was on and running perfectly. The same thing hapened today and this time, it switched on by itself more than 5 minutes after i pressed the start button.

Please tell me what to do. Its been just one week since i got my phone. Should i have it replaced. Please help.

Please not that my phone was fully charged whenever this happened.

Thank y'all in advance.:)

Advertisement
  2. onehandharry

onehandharry New Member

Hey,
    Have you tried with no memory card in? this happened to me after i downloaded something onto the memory card and everytime my phone went to read that part of the memory card it got stuck.

Also maybe it could be something you installed already so it wouldnt effect without the memory, in which case try to delete the apps you installed to see if it makes a difference.

3. rosered

rosered VIP Member VIP Member

You could give it a repair via Sony Ericsson Update Service or the PC Companion altho this will basically do a factory reset on it so you may lose information. Make sure your contacts are synced and save anything else that you are worreid about losing. The SD card should not be affected. If this doesn't solve it and what the person above doesn;t solve it, I'd take it back to your retailer and get it swapped over.

4. FiDra

FiDra New Member

Hi nithinthomas91,

You should try your phone with another SIM card. I had the same problem as yours. I replace my SIM card with a new one (same phone number - you may ask your carrier to do this) and the phone start normally.

Hope this help!

5. nithinthomas91

nithinthomas91 New Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you all very much.
    I tried without the memory card and using a different sim card too. But, it still took the same time. I haven't tried factory resetting it yet. My friend has the same phone AND the same problem. So, I just want to know he the problem is with just our phones or generic. Also, please tell of how long it takes you guys for it to turn on. I'm gonna call se service centre soon n ask them.

6. onehandharry

onehandharry New Member

about 1minute including entering my pin