x10 Problems with camera and settingsSupport

Last Updated:

1. kazzkinns

kazzkinns New Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really struggling with the camera on the x10.. i was expecting going from tocca ultra to SE, (both 8.1) to be quite similar in quality, but this aint the case.

Picture is half the size of the screen and pics during night are awful!! Cant even seem to find the flash.

any suggestions??

thanks

Advertisement
  2. powerkiter

powerkiter Well-Known Member

Buy a real camera my friend!

Honest if you have great lighting the pictures are ok but any thing less than perfect and the images are less than desirable.

When you have the camera app open press the settings button (the one with the 4 squares above it) and you can go to 6meg images and get wide screen images and set a few other options but if you want to go out on a night and take pictures I would recommend you take along a compact digital camera.
    I got the X10 after 18 months of owning an LG KC910 and it was awarded best picture and video phone at the time and I still take that out on a night out as it is far batter at pictures and videos esp when in the pub or club.

3. kazzkinns

thank you- kinda defeats the object if you have to drop down to 6 meg to get full screen pic. Even when it shows on preview, its the size suitable for a smurf!!

Love the phone.. but so disappointed with the camera.

4. powerkiter

Dont get me started about the camera on this phone again what ever you can say I have thought :D LMAO :D

But remember even thought SE has banged out some epic Cybershot phones this phone the X10 does not carry that logo so dont expect anything more than a

kazzkinns likes this.
  5. kazzkinns

Lol i so know that feelin!!!

Another quick one then if you please... Any idea how to move texts to separate folders, ie "jokes and pics"

6. powerkiter

Not that I know of but you can get "Note pad" apps and if you long press on a text meesage with a good joke in the you can get the option to "Copy text" and then if you open the "note pad" app you can then long press in the text box and the option to "Past" will pop up. Or you can get an app to print them out on a pc if their that good :)

7. kazzkinns

Argh!! knew i should have gone for the galaxy! lol

8. powerkiter

To be fair I was one of the people who started the real rage for the X10 on here...

Why do you say that?

9. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

But surely the issue of moving text to seperate folders is an Android issue, not an X10 issue, so you'd have the same problem if you'd gone for the Galaxy :confused:. Or can you do this with 2.1?

10. wynney666

wynney666 Well-Known Member

To my knowledge this will be fixed with 2.1, so should get full screen 8mp
    I hope the flash gets fixed too, but not heard alot on that.

as for should have got a Galaxy - well thats Only 5mp
    so you would have been worse off.

11. powerkiter

Depends how big the light sensor is. A 12meg camera with a tiny light sensor will give a worse image than a 3meg camera with a large light sensor.

A mate of mine is a pro photographer and every time I mention a camera to him with a high pixel count he will point me towards a cam with a lower res but bigger sensor and states I will get a better picture from the lower res cam.